• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I am mad big time!!!

mattyboy

So i am doing a bobber and have been watching a trialer on GL for 3 weeks starts today at 12 am...... gone from watchlist and nowhere to be found on site . has this happened to anyone. i am furious because there is a local trailer for sale but not the best condition for 600 ive been on hold because i need trailer springs to move on WASTED 3 weeks waitning.aua

Last edited by a moderator:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When was it, two weeks ago that 10s of thousands of items disappeared. Took GL half a day to restore the database.

GL is a crapshoot. No guarantee you will win. If you need an item for a project , buy it private.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
To paraphrase Forrest Gump...."GL is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you will get." Hang in there Grasshopper...the perfect trailer will come to you.
Doubt that! They are not self powered units, he will have to fetch it himself. :D

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
GL is a crapshoot. No guarantee you will win. If you need an item for a project , buy it private.
You know, another really good idea, if you are going to use GL to source parts, is to have the stuff you need, BEFORE you start a project. At least the major parts anyway.

doolest

If you only knew how many auctions we bid on for our M923 that items were pulled....100's at at time last fall. More than once in the last hour of the auction. Uncle Sam not GL to blame. This happens all the time.

DeucesWild11

Hey I am in NY and may consider selling my M105 which is in pretty good shape for $600. I am deliberating as I am writing this so PM me if you need it. It's like my Mobile Shed for a while till I can build a small barn.

Scarecrow1

A common problem at times and from what I was told by GL the Gov has the right up to and even after the sale to pull or cancel ANY event. GL makes their money by selling these items they may move them around where they bring a higher price but , they still need to sell them to make money. Look at how long the recall on the Deuces was when they found the gauges were to hot ( radioactive ) to sell to the public. Those puppies were gone for a while.

TehTDK

GL makes their money by selling these items they may move them around where they bring a higher price but , they still need to sell them to make money..
And here I thought a sale was final or a bid was final. So basically even if you have the winning bid GL can basically come and tell you "sorry but its not yours anyway"?. If they can cancel your bid or your win without consequence then I would wager that peoples bills can't be final either and should be able to the retired without consequence for the buyer.... but is that so?. I think not since people apparently get locked/banned for a time if they can't commit to a bid, but no consequence if GL wants to run from a contractual agreement... hmmm.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
And here I thought a sale was final or a bid was final. So basically even if you have the winning bid GL can basically come and tell you "sorry but its not yours anyway"?. If they can cancel your bid or your win without consequence then I would wager that peoples bills can't be final either and should be able to the retired without consequence for the buyer.... but is that so?. I think not since people apparently get locked/banned for a time if they can't commit to a bid, but no consequence if GL wants to run from a contractual agreement... hmmm.
See...now you get it. GL makes the rules, GL can enforce the rules to suit their own ends. They have a monopoly and they know it. Some of this is DRMO's doing but my guess is that GL sometimes pulls items because they don't think they got enough money for them. But I have seen some stuff go crazy cheap too.

Scarecrow1

Look the reason most of this stuff is not allowed out of the country is due to the fact if the crap hits the fan our Gov can and will come and take our toys back. The Gov has a little known rite to commandeer any and all vehicles they need to use in an emergency so if you think GL has an under lying interest just take a look at the BIG PICTURE. No I don't think we are in danger of having our toys take away so don't anyone get on a soap box and start the ( When they pry it from my cold dead hands speech. The point is every step of this in the end can only fly with big brothers blessings and even thou it is easy to point the finger a GL there is a large chance they are just following orders themselves......

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks