• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I am probably going to kick myself.

tsstout

I am happy with the price... 5 K more would have been nice though :grin: I will miss this truck. It is going to a new home in TN.

JC: The SF97 is a form that the was used to get a title from a state on a military vehicle. Some states (like Kentucky) doesn't accept them so GL has started issuing titles. You got a Florida title for your truck, not an SF97.

I doubt I could replace this truck right now on GL for the price it sold for. The drop side bed is hard to come by on GL and it, just like a winch, ups the value of the truck quite a bit. I haven't been watching all the prices on GL right now, but the last batch out of knox brought between 1400 (missing parts including front axle) and 3600 for a hard top with winch.

Hummm.. I had to file the SF-97 paperwork to get the Florida title.. Are you saying you didn't?? Kansas doesn't accept SF-97 forms as titles either.... and I'm pretty sure I had to fill in the year and make and vin like number... and they used that info as submitted on the title...

greenjeepster

You requested a title, you did not fill out the SF97. They don't take the info off of that form you fill out on line. I leave all that blank except the vin number when I request title, they go off of information they are getting somewhere else.
The SF97 is a form they mail to you and you take to your state to get a title. If you got sent a florida title you did not do anything with the SF97.

tsstout

nope... I filled out the SF-97... Gl defaulted on it by taking to long deciding rather I needed a title and ended up sending me a Florida title for free....

jblack6527

Thanks for the information on how to cover the GL numbers... I never thought about painting over them, Tried a bunch of stuff to remove it which didn't work, Even asked about it on here and the only input I got was to sand it off.
Just FYI, I had really good luck with Brake parts cleaner when removing my numbers off of my deuce. Spray on, wipe off. It was that easy.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I leave all that blank except the vin number when I request title, they go off of information they are getting somewhere else.
That's where the year got screwed up. I would say if you had filled out the correct year with the VIN when you filled out the form the year would have been correct. GL can't even get the model right alot of times in the listings.