• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I am such a dumb a$$

red devils dude

well yesterday I wired up my front turn singles well I check the lights and there's the turn flasher the B.O marker but no top marker so I unplug the number 20 circuit no juice with the
head lights on so I check the other side same thing well by now I'm getting angry and it's almost dark so I start packing it in and then BAM :idea: I remember one day at dogheads
house talking about the work he'd done on his trucks one thing was he ADDED a wire from
the back lights to the front so he would have front markers so I go look at the light switch
hhhhmmm whats the park setting do DUH problem solved :oops:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jed , the wire I ran goes from the DS tail light to the front park lights so that the front parking lights are on with the headlights. "Service drive" now gives me both headlights and front parking(marker) lights as required to pass inspection in NY. "Service drive" and the lower lever in "park" still gives me just front parking lights on.

edit, tail lights and gauge lights all still function as designed.

acetomatoco

Darn those manuals....if only they read themselves and transmitted the info to the operator. Park should also illuminate the taillights.. and the dash lights.

NorthWoodsDuce

Where did you tap into the wires at? Just curious, I need to have front marker lights on my truck too.. just haven't taken the time to look into doing it yet!

papercu

dumb

but does it flow up or down??
Flows down :D
Old joke: When the farmer finally got electricity to his farmhouse he was real happy till the first bill came. He tells the company if they don't fix it, he'll unscrew his light bulb and let all their electricity run out. Wayne

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: dumb

If I remember correctly, I ran a wire between the two front parking/marker lights(unpluging the original wires) and one wire from the DS rear tail light(wye connection at both ends to feed the front lights).

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: I am such a dumb a$$

NorthWoodsDuce said:
Where did you tap into the wires at? Just curious, I need to have front marker lights on my truck too.. just haven't taken the time to look into doing it yet!
Your best bet is to study the wiring diagram and locate the #21 wire, you may be able to find it right at the light switch or run a long wire from the rear of the vehicle since the wires are bundled...
If you have a bundle of unmarked wires, take a sharp probe and observe the DVM while probing thru the wire jacket for live readings.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: I am such a dumb a$$

There are several places that you can modify the wiring harness to make the lights work this way also. I chose to add the wires so that the next guy would not have a cut up wiring harness if going back to original light functions is desired.
Iirc, behind the light switch you could cut one wire and tap it into another to get the same results.

kc8sfq

RE: Re: RE: I am such a dumb a$$

If you have a bundle of unmarked wires, take a sharp probe and observe the DVM while probing thru the wire jacket for live readings.

I have a civi truck that someone did this to. They were looking for 12V near the batt and probed (among others) the computer power feed fuse-link. After some time, it corroded leaving me on the side of the road with a tow bill and a VERY frusterated mechanic before he found it. Might be better to unplug the bendix plug from the light switch so you can read the pin designators and only open the correct wire.

just my $0.02

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks