• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I am thinking before I buy.

MadSkycc

I been reading and planing to buy a M35a2 next year. I want to do the 4 door conversion with a sigle rear axle and a M105 trailer as a bed. But my question is can you use the truck as a livestock carrier? I am buy a small farm next year and I been trying to find out but could not find any info on.

Last edited:

cornrichard

Just buy the deuce and drive it for a few months. I had bob plans in mind when I first got my truck. The only reason I would consider it now is if I had an extra deuce to leave stock.

HanksDeuce

I'd buy a 5 ton M818 tractor, do a 4-door conversion, and use a cattle trailer hooked to the 5th wheel. They can typically haul a 37,500 lb trailer.

:jumpin:

MadSkycc

Well Thank you for the comments. I think I will go with a civy trailer and the reason behind the 4 door is I got 3 kids. I don't plan to bob it. I dont plan to haul a lot of livestock just a few cows or horses or pigs. thats about it.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Thats what I was picturing, I just don't see it being easy to get a cow or horse up into the bed. Believe me, I tried to get a horse into bed once! :cool:

MadSkycc

Here what I was thinking of doing is build a 8ft tailgate fold it in half but i dont know the height of the bed with 396's tires. I am thinking i beter off use a civy trailer.