• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I bought a 1998 Plan B M998 yesterday

kcobean

I bought a 1989 Plan B M998 yesterday

I've heard really mixed reviews on the Plan B trucks, but we'll see. It doesn't require EUC/HHA and has a DMV issued title in Utah, so I'm hopeful that I won't have too many issues.

I'll post pics when she gets here in ~10 days. In the meantime, here are a couple of pics from the auction listing:

HMMWV-1.jpg

HMMWV-2.jpg

Last edited:

maa45069

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats! it really doesn't matter about what anyones opinions are about YOUR TRUCK. Who cares.... Enjoy it

riderdan

Let us know what you think when you have it in hand. I thought seriously about a PlanB truck, but the price and a few other nitpicks stopped me. I'm especially interested in what you think about the sliding door windows and the aluminum roof. Be sure to post more pictures once it arrives.

kcobean

Let us know what you think when you have it in hand. I thought seriously about a PlanB truck, but the price and a few other nitpicks stopped me. I'm especially interested in what you think about the sliding door windows and the aluminum roof. Be sure to post more pictures once it arrives.
I'll post a full review and lots of pics. The depot where it's being stored is reducing their pickup hours so while it was going to be picked up today and here early next week, now they can't pick it up until Wednesday at the earliest, and that's if the shipping company can arrange a truck for that day.

What made you go with plan b vs a civi H1?
Cost. Most of the decent civi H1's I've seen can't be had for under about $50k, where I got this for under $30. I live in Suburbia, so I didn't want to buy a project truck, I needed something more turnkey.

Post lots of pics...and your review of the top, doors and interior. I was interested in this truck as well.

nice rig!
Will do!!

Five1

Awesome looking Truck... That's gonna be a long 10 days! Can't wait to hear about it. I just started looking a week ago and I'm going back and forth on whether to get something already done or buy a project truck..

Wire Fox

Just throwing my hat in the ring...I also want to hear more about what you think of this HMMWV once you pick it up. I've heard so many mixed opinions on these things, but I don't think we've received a report back directly from an actual owner. Either they're so proud of them that they go out and ride them to the wheels fall off, or they're so ashamed of them that they never come back...

kcobean

Just throwing my hat in the ring...I also want to hear more about what you think of this HMMWV once you pick it up. I've heard so many mixed opinions on these things, but I don't think we've received a report back directly from an actual owner. Either they're so proud of them that they go out and ride them to the wheels fall off, or they're so ashamed of them that they never come back...

Yeah, I'll give a good unbiased review of it when I get it here. If I end up feeling like I got screwed on the deal, I'll tell you and explain why. I think that when comparing the condition of it based just on the pictures/inspection report to what I paid for it, the price about lines up. I hope that proves to be the case. Either way I'm really excited about it getting here.

Here are a few more pics for the curious. Most look like some good prep was done, but others like the one of the control station look like they taped poorly and painted with Krylon.

control-station.jpgengine.jpgengine2.jpgpedals.jpgseat.jpgshifter.jpgunderbody1.jpgunderbody2.jpgunderbody3.jpg

ari

hows every thing under the hood and stuff did they fix or replace any worn parts or do service on the vehicles do they just paint over everything and call it good? I have been curious about that. I recall seeing some of their trucks on GP where they went so far as to paint over the coolant over bottle, dip sticks, fuel tank etc :? anyways it is a sharp looking rig

kcobean

hows every thing under the hood and stuff did they fix or replace any worn parts or do service on the vehicles do they just paint over everything and call it good? I have been curious about that. I recall seeing some of their trucks on GP where they went so far as to paint over the coolant over bottle, dip sticks, fuel tank etc :? anyways it is a sharp looking rig
Yeah, those are all things I'll report on when I get it here. I just heard from the shipper. Sounds like it won't be picked up until either Wed. or Thurs. and not delivered for 6 or 7 days after that, so it'll be a little while.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks