• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I bought my deuce!!

Welder Sam

Congrats!

Now, if you do decide to drive it, im guessing your route would be south to nashville, across to memphis, then I40 to little rock and then I30 south to tx. If so, BE AWARE that Arkansas requires ANY vehicle over 10k lbs to hit weigh stations regardless of personal or commercial use. THIS INFO COMES STRAIGHT FROM MR MONTY PRIDE, ARKANSAS STATE POLICE. You will need a class d license, proof of insurance, and your bill of sale (paid invoice and such). He also recommends highly that these vehicles NOT BE ON THE INTERSTATE. I will be purchasing out of state as well and did some digging as i dont like blue lights behind me. There is a route from memphis south to tunica then cross the river at Helena. Its an extra 100+ miles tho. I plan to ease across the river on I55(not I40), hit the scale and duck off the interstate on to state highway 70. This parallels I40 to little rock. It also is a straight shot home for me. If u come through here, i have SOME tools, mega welding equipment, and plenty of room to leave it until you can get back .

Just a little heads up buddy. :beer:

Last edited:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Make sure you post your route and ask for contact info for folks along the way that can give assistance if needed.

A friend with a towbar is a friend indeed.

I flat towed a deuce with a deuce with my Ranger in the back all the way from AR to Bama.

It was a slow trip and semis blowing by you at 80 mph can be unnerving.

Make sure you have spare filters, belts etc.

There are several lists on here detailing recovery stuff.

You should not have any trouble with the LEO's unless you have an accident or some kind of situation.

Make sure you have insurance and paperwork on the truck.......your GL invoice should cover you for a tag while in transit.

Good luck and post pics.

CobraCDR

Congrats on the new purchase! Good luck with the recovery and stay flexible, things will go wrong with these trucks, usually the first time you take them out after they have been sitting for months (or years).

OD_Coyote

You really don't want a whistler if you're going to drive it more than once a year. They get old fast.
I have a whistler and I drive it at least once a week and I like the sound...You only really notice the whistle at low speeds...Of course my hearing is not what it was when I was younger. ;)

hilber

Good luck man. I got on at Ft Knox also. Maybe I'll see you ther if our paper work gets done on time. I am getting mine and heading south back to North GA. I hope this goes as well as my first one a couple months ago.

two.fiveM35

Congrates on the deuce. If you have not picked it up yet, I'd recommend shipping it. That would be a long painful ride at 45/50 mph, not to mention if you have a break down or need parts. I got mine out of Bama and had it shipped, and glad I did because I developed an axle leak shortly after I got here. I paid $1400 to have mine shipped. It was on the high side because I went thru a freight forwarder. The driver told me I could have gotten it done cheaper if I would have called them direct. It was all new to me and I didn't know any better at the time. Good luck.nopics

Welder Sam

Speaking of hauling :driver: I have a guy that i trust to haul ANYTHING and as soon as he can. He wont dick u around. If you're interested, shoot me a line and ill get you his number:beer:

Ps, it was a long painful ride home on leave from knox to little rock (a sgt's wife wouldn leave me be) but that was just to north little rock (I30+I40 interchange), id imagine it to take a h** of a lot longer in a deuce and the stress of an unknown truck too?? Wow.... Best of luck to you either way bro. My above offers stand.

Last edited:

TJP

Congratulation, sounds like you got a good buy. I would have to agree with having it shipped could end up a nightmare.

two.fiveM35

The trucking company I used was Tidy Coast Transport LLC out of Hobe Sound, Fl. The freight forwarder (middle man) I used was Diversified freight. I took up about 2/3 of the trailer and paid accordingly. I heard people on this site talk about Eric@hotshotcentral.com, but don't know anything else. Good luck