• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I bought my first Deuce!

SRB1976

I went to Gillette Wyoming yesterday and bought my first Deuce! Picked up a 1994 M35a3 with only 4800 miles for a very good price. It also came with a M105a3 trailer. The recovery went great and it ran excellent on the 260 mile journey home. I kept my speed at 45 MPH and the rpms at 2300 to 2500. It was a long ride home at only 45 but it was a blast driving it. It's been awhile since i drove a truck this big. It took a little getting used to the way it handled. I purchased it from a guy in Great Falls MT off of Craigslist. He's also a member here. He was even cool enough to drive it from Great Falls to Gillette. I paid him for his fuel expense to get it there. The truck does have a few quirks but eventually I will get around to fixing them.

Attachments

FloridaAKM

Welcome to the Green Iron Disease & it looks like you got a keeper on both the truck & the trailer. The trailer looks like it matches the truck condition, plus it has a spare tire. Good score & safe recovery home!

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats on the new A3 its a good looking truck and as far as the little "QUIRKS" dont sweat it all our trucks have them and you will get them worked out as time permits! You will get them ALL squared away and the next time you want to go for a drive there will be another one, its all part of the hobby!
Karl

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks