• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I broke my 5 ton this weekend. Help!

msisco

Contact M1075 for some dogbones.
I will check with M1075 for those parts. Eriks has them for 90 each and I need atleast four to start..

BTW, you helped me with the tan bed cover on my truck. I think it was you or your buddy I bought it from last year. Thanks a million, that cover is darn near the best part of the 5-ton.

Cheers!

msisco

From reading this, I would say that YOU really NEED to read the TMs, if you had and did the PM, you would have known that your torque rod rubber bushings were VARY BAD which can be seen in the pics.

You can find the TMs here
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
JATONKAM35s HOME ON THE WEB
OR
Free Military Army Manuals!
OR
Former Military Vehicle Owners - Index
OR
https://www.logsa.army.mil/etms/ind...5fb95459e-A3015A99-D14A-19E1-238F1793FB3D9566
This is the mil. TM web site,
--says bad cert., click to go anyway,

I my defense, this is a 1954 truck. I could probably spend 10K and the next year straight servicing my 5-ton. I put out the biggest fire first and try to atleast drive it every other month in the desert and not much on the streets. My truck is parked at my frinds house in the desert which is 2.5 hours from where I live. I get to visit every other month so I really dont have time to polish this rig or even read throught the 2,000 plus pages of service and TM's. If it was at my house where I live I would spend more time working on it but reality check.. I do what I can and try to enjoy this awesome piece of machinery by taking it off road and making people say WTF is that comming though our campsite at midnight!

msisco

Wow. Did you have to call for an evac or hump it out?
I made a few trips to town and bought the tools that I thought were needed, picked up my dual 10KW gen trailer, more beer and food and headed back out into the desert for two days of work. We ended up limping it back . We spent from Friday night to Tuesday night in the desert and drove it 17 miles back to my friends place after the repair.

We never looked at a manual because it would have just said, get to work!

Last edited: