• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I can provide power steering CHEAP & RELIABLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

broadsword71

If I could provide brand new power steering systems for the M35 for under 600.00 dollars maybe even cheaper than that. How many would be interested? I can create a nearly fab free bolt on kit that requires very little mechanical abilities, fail proof, and heavy duty. I can provide an endless supply of these systems complete with instructions tailored for the M35.

If I get enough interest I may provide the kits in the classifieds.

Last edited:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
If I could provide brand new power steering systems for the M35 for under 600.00 dollars maybe even cheaper than that. How many would be interested? I have a bolt on kit that requires very little mechanical abilities, fail proof, and heavy duty. I can provide an endless supply of these systems complete with instructions tailored for the M35.

If I get enough interest I will provide the kits in the classifieds.
Sounds VERY interesting to me and I'd prolly get a few from you.

Any chance you can post a pic of the components??

broadsword71

Wow that was fast!!! OK...I'm working on the kit as we speak. Its still being designed but very close to completion. I have used this same principle on other vehicles since I was about 15 years old. I was building it for my own deuce and thought... why not provide this to the masses. Paying 3k just seems so insane. I'm down here in S. Florida and the rain has been non stop and has slowed me down quite a bit. Standby on the pics/kit and more accurate pricing. Again I was interested in how many responses I'd get. But I am now motivated to complete it. Give me a few more days. I'm working on the pump brackets at the moment.

The question will it pass inspection in all 50 states was asked. From a safety standpoint absolutely. It would be a system that is professional and proper or I wouldn't install it on my truck. With that said I'm not sure what the inspection criteria is in other states. We have none in Florida. I would love to be enlightened on this though. Feel free to tell me all about it.

rickf

Basically if it is a power assist then it should pass any inspection. If it is an orbital valve and hydraulic cylinder replacement then it will not pass in a lot of states. There has to be a mechanical connection from the steering wheel to the wheels.
If you loose power to the steering you still have to be able to steer the truck manually.
Rick

Sounds awesome but I would be careful the amount of liability that you are potentially exposing yourself to. You may want to consult an attorney before you start selling them.

broadsword71

This was created because of 2 reasons. 1. Its work turning these things especially if there big low pressure tires like I often run off road 2. Even if I could afford 3k for a p/s kit or 2k for air assist it upsets me enough to build my own system. Not taking away from those other units capabilities. I'm sure they work well.

My system is a hydro power assist unit. So I guess that means it will pass inspection. As far as liability I'm not worried about. I'm assembling a kit from exsisting parts/manufactures so liability coverage already exists. The installation is up to the consumer. All parts will have a warranty as well and are all brand new. This same system could be used on several different MV with minor changes. I'm just tailoring it to the M35 because of its popularity, and I just got another one and I'm spoiled on p/s! As I said I have used this same principal for over 18 years on vehicles that required upgraded heavy duty p/s systems. There is no reason why this unit should be so expensive that we have to dream about getting one instead of owning one. So that is why I took on the challenge, for all of us to be able to have this well respected creature comfort that is heavy duty and reliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks