• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I come home to the damest things sometimes

davesgmc

So, I get home this afternoon from Leavenworth, Tired as all can be because I hadn't been to bed yet, my son was driving, turned the corner onto my street and there is a military truck on a trailer sitting in front of the house? WTH??? About the same time a truck pulls up to hook up to the trailer. Nope, I sure don't recognise any of these guys. We get out to talk to them. They were from Iowa, headed to Texas with the bobbed deuce to deliver it to a guy. The tow rig was running hot so they got off the highway to see if it would cool down and drop the trailer to see if it made a difference. After talking to the guy for a minute asked him if he was a member of steel soldiers or ever heard of the Elmo Thetruck, he said he had! Informed him that he just happened to park right in front of the home of the famous ELMO. What a coincidence! Small world now ain't it? The two guys hooked the trailer back up and I told them to go down 24/40 to stay on a slower patch of road to see if that made a difference in the coolant temp of the tow rig. And off they went........WEIRD,,,but then again WEIRD things always happen around here!

Attachments

Last edited:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
So, I get home this afternoon from Leavenworth, Tired as all can be because I hadn't been to bed yet, my son was driving, turned the corner onto my street and there is a military truck on a trailer sitting in front of the house? WTH??? About the same time a truck pulls up to hook up to the trailer. Nope, I sure don't recognise any of these guys. We get out to talk to them. They were from Iowa, headed to Texas with the bobbed deuce to deliver it to a guy. The tow rig was running hot so they got off the highway to see if it would cool down and drop the trailer to see if it made a difference. After talking to the guy for a minute asked him if he was a member of steel soldiers or ever heard of the Elmo Thetruck, he said he had! Informed him that he just happened to park right in front of the home of the famous ELMO. What a coincidence! Small world now ain't it? The two guys hooked the trailer back up and I told them to go down 24/40 to stay on a slower patch of road to see if that made a difference in the coolant temp of the tow rig. And off they went........WEIRD,,,but then again WEIRD things always happen around here!

ABN173

While working on the I house I bought, from the back deck I looked over two yards down, yup a M1031 contact truck! Turns out it's a Steel Soldiers member but he is a "lurker" so I won't call him out here lol!

-Dale

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks