• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

i connected alternator exciter directly to battery + and died.

als804

hello
my alternator CS130 did not make output. so i replaced the new one. and it worked before murdered by me.
yes i killed the alternator with the way that i connected exciter directly to battery +.
why did it die? ... please help me.
how can i save it? i am planning to buy voltage regulator to make it alive
two alternator i killed. my heart was broken again and again.

how do i connect it?

wiring A :
exciter L ---- battery + ----> i did this but i felt like i killed alternator.

wiring B :
exciter L --- registor or lamp ------ ignition + ( battery + when key-on) ( I feel like it worked)

wiring C :
exciter F -------- ignition + ( battery + when key-on) ( I feel like it worked)

wiring D:
S --- directly to battery +
L (exciter) ---- ramp or registor 0.5W 510ohm ------ ignition +

wiring one is right?

alternator-upgrade-wiring-tips-for-popular-gm-charging-systems-2020-02-19_18-19-21_873740.jpg

Last edited:

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
By the schematic you provided it would require L and F to be connected to the ignition and S would be wired to the output post,, it is a 24 volt alternator yes?

EDIT, the schematic I found says the F terminal is not used, the S to the output terminal and the L through a 35 ohm resistor to the ign (this would be different for a 24V alt, probably around 60 ohms and should be a 10 watt or larger. the resistor is used in place of an alternator light, if not used it would likely fry the regulator. The best plan would be to ask the seller how to hook it up, it may be a 1 wire and only needs the charge lead connected. most likely a 12V converted to 24V which in itself poses reliability issues.

Last edited:

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I looked around and could find no 24V CS130 alternators, is it possible you are in the wrong forum? the HMMWV is a 24V machine.

als804

oh i thought alternator for 6.5 diesel is the same as 6.5 diesel humvee. but hummvee is 24v..
anyway thanks a lot for info. finally i got the solution

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks