• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I could not buy my ride so I..........

13thArmy

I really wanted to buy a truck with a crane like the one in my avatar, but could not. So I just went off and painted the one I have in a camoflage colour....

Tell me what you think....

You should still post the pic right on the site. Its not that hard and then nobody has to go to other places to see them. I can't see it since that site is blocked at work.

13thArmy

I would be happy to post the pic directly, but I dont have it on this computer. Yes, that is a rubber duck on the grill. The camoflage paint is a copy of a WW2 German night fighter scheme that I adapted to suit the truck. Originally the colour was painted in blotches on the German aircraft, but since I was using spray cans I varied the aproach a little. Not too much different from what the Germans used in WW2. Anyways, there is my 2 cents worth......:cool:

Here is a couple of links you might find interesting...
http://13tharmy.nspro.biz/
and another....
http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/81332-Tour-de-Canada-part-deux
Hope you find it interesting...

Last edited:

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good to see a neighbour getting away for winter.

I bet it's not much warmer in Copenhagan but it's a chilli wack back home here at -20c and right around freezing in the Wack.

Is that truck in Canada or somewhere else? She'd look good chasing sasquatch up a mountain beside the 1010.

Would you mind running through the paint process a little. It's tough to tell if it's just white on black or if that's grey in the middle. Nice rig.

13thArmy

Good to see a neighbour getting away for winter.

I bet it's not much warmer in Copenhagan but it's a chilli wack back home here at -20c and right around freezing in the Wack.

Is that truck in Canada or somewhere else? She'd look good chasing sasquatch up a mountain beside the 1010.

Would you mind running through the paint process a little. It's tough to tell if it's just white on black or if that's grey in the middle. Nice rig.
Thanks for the complement Plowboy. The camoflage paint scheme is a copy of a German WW2 night fighter scheme used on their aircraft chasing and killing the British Lancasters and such over Europe. I started by painting the truck with bedliner black and then added 3 colours. First grey, then dark grey, and then small amounts of white. The truck was painted in a campground of all places..... Here are some pics to show the paint job.
ChevRepair11.jpgChevRepair15.jpgChevRepair12.jpgChevRepair13.jpgChevRepair14.jpg

Last edited:

13thArmy

Nice truck what does the interior look like is it set up as a camper?
The interior is set up as a crude backwoods camper with everything in the back from a chainsaw to an outboard motor for my cartop. There is a sleeper over the cab with a large plexiglass window to view the scenery from. There is a fold out bed against the driver side wall for a bunk for friends/crew. The whole rear of the camper/canopy folds down to allow gear or bicycles to loaded. Here is a pic to show the canopy from the rear with the ramp down......

ChevOpen2.jpg

Last edited:

13thArmy

As you can see the suspension system is a little different than a stock Chevy....
DSCF2119.jpg

Dual Bilsteins and BDS front 2 inch raised springs seem to help big time!8)

13thArmy

Thanks for the kind words Scarecrow. Me and my buddy from Germany researched all the German WW2 night fighter camo schemes and came up with this as a copy. We are pleased with the results....