• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I could use some input on rear bumpers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kane

I have tried looking into this on my own, but it appears I don't have all the information. Basically I'm looking to add a rear bumper to my M1025. Here is what I'm starting with:
image_4.jpg

What all do I need to track down in order to mount a rear bumper?

Thanks everyone!

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bumper, 2 outer, 2 inner frame brackets, 4 shim plates, 2 inner brackets that un from the bumper pintle to the frame and if you like but not required, 2 outer long brackets....look in the TM 24P, it shows everything you need and part numbers.
alot of stuff is on eBay.....also, PM 86humv on this board, he has everything you need...his name is Greg.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are 2 almost the same, but they are different airdrop bumpers. The "old school one" that has the U shackles and the newer "A2 teardrop" style shackles. If you want to save yourself a lot of heartache and searching, find a complete one with all the correct brackets. Some of the brackets are the same for both style bumpers, some aren't, but can be made to work. trying to ID them can be a PITA. As stated, the TM 24P will guide you thru this, complete with pics and part #'s. I added the A2 style rear bumper to my M998, along with from A2 style teardrop tie downs, AND kept the old school angle iron brushguard. Check these 2 threads on the G503.com http://g503.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=219607 Old school uses U shackles http://g503.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=219614 new A2 style with teardrops.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks