• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I.D. this engine?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't go with that as an indicator. Reason being I've had LDS engines with and without the wastegate. I've had some that I picked up at the DRMO and they had LDT C turbos on them.
I agree! It could have easily been put back on an LDT engine. There is even that offset adapter to put "C" and "D" turbos on 5 tons and hook up to the exhaust. You sure won't see that turbo on a deuce, not without exhaust mods!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Aaron, I was thinkin the same thing! Kenny, how can you tell the waste gate is there, by the intake side? Ididn't think it looked like the one I got.

alfa59

Hi,
To me, this looks as an LDS since the oil level dipstick is at the end of the engine (LDT has it more in the front). i have the same problem with my M54A2 where the engine has an ID tag of a LDT 4651C and a C turbo :twisted:. The LDS has the oilpan inverted compaired to the LDT

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Yup, that first one is the one I have. I was wondering how I'd find the correct intake horn, thank you Bjorn!