• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I did it again!!!

citizensoldier

Its in mine too.. I think maybe I stepped on some toes along the way by winning some things others were after. This is one reason I only post things that I absolutely need help with or things have fallen through. So far I have purchased from Va, ND, NC, Fl, Mi, La, Tn, Wi, Mn, Pa, Ny, Ill, Mo, MD, Sc, Oh, Utah and Ga.. With Wisconsins GL guy being the best among them all.. Only asked and recieved Steel Soldier help on a few of them and am very greatful to all that helped. I dont think Maddawg likes me buying in his back yard.. rofl

CGarbee

You know, if you really want to know what size tires it has, what it was used for, and help getting it off base, send a PM to FrankUSMC since he works next door to where these things are parked.... It's what I do when I purchase things at Cherry Point... :)

If it's like the ones that he already has in his yard, the word is that it won't tow well over 20MPH...

citizensoldier

CGarbee said:
You know, if you really want to know what size tires it has, what it was used for, and help getting it off base, send a PM to FrankUSMC since he works next door to where these things are parked.... It's what I do when I purchase things at Cherry Point... :)

If it's like the ones that he already has in his yard, the word is that it won't tow well over 20MPH...
Thanks for the info .. If I see him on here I will shoot him a PM.. I dont plan on pulling it fast that is for sure... But I bet they do well low and slow with sap barrells strapped to it. Only thing is you dont want to get caught where you need to back up very far but I am used to that with the hay wagons.. That would be just cool if its the same as a M37 like the M101 trailers.. They look like one piece rims and a different offset though. Hmmmmm ..

Mike_Pop

Just some info:

I hauled one of these behind my M1009 last year from Memphis to Portland, OR. It towed fine except that it bounced a lot. I was able to tow it at 70mph without a problem until I hit the bumps. I think with some weight on it, it would be more stable.

These are all aluminum trailers made for the Marine Corps. They have M37 rims and take a 9x16 tire. They have air brakes with couplers in the rear to attach more trailers. From the looks of yours, you got a really nice one. I'm curious as to what you paid for this. I bought mine on eBay for $500 and flipped it for $1500 within a week. These are hot ticket items. The one I had was 14' long but I have a friend in Texas who has one that is 11' long.

Attachments

citizensoldier

Thanks for the info Mike Pop!!! I must admit when I looked at these at first I thought they were the deuce version. I didnt know such a smaller version existed. Looking back I wish I had bid higher on all 4 of them. PM if you like and I will discuss the price.. It was no $500 bucks. Hmmmm I see a road trip to NC with my M1009 now.. Might be fun I could go visit ADR in Ga afterward.. This will be a very nice addition to my R-2 crash truck for cutting wood and sap season..

Mike_Pop

If you are going to pull it with your M1009, be careful of the stress on the rear bumper. When I hauled this type of trailer, it yanked on my bumper real well and put a stress crack in it.

BobM

citizensoldier said:
Recovry4x4 said:
Doesn't attract a magnet? Hmmm! Lane, don't I recall someone scolding you telling you that you shouldn't be bidding on things and asking members to move them? I figured that guy would strike back.
Well I recall a Maddawg female dog session but thats it....... And I already have a trucker lined up to get it. Its just I want to put a back up plan in place because you never know when the EUC will clear and sometimes its hard to meet a truckers schedule when they have a one day a week pick up day. I have had many Steel Soldiers pick up stuff and always paid them what they wanted to do it. I have also moved tons of stuff for Steel Soldier members and never been compensated for it or only given enough to buy a piece of bubble gum.. :D It never hurts to ask and all people have to do is say no or not respond.. I have also facilitated deals on trucks accross the country for members only to take a loss just to save a truck from the scrapper... Why not isnt that one reason for this site is to help each other out? If I was close to a base I would move and store all kinds of stuff for people its just some of us with the disease live far from all of them.. :D
Hey you can store it at my place if I can play with it! :wink:

citizensoldier

FMJ said:
Hey Lane, a will a M109 box fit on one of those?

I still need some 2 1/2 ton t-cases ;)
I bet it would FMJ... Thats one heck of a trip from the east side of NC to the west side of NM... It says it will hold 8K I think a M109 box is around 4K so it would do it.. Now that would be a neet camper.

That guy never called me back on the T case deal.. I will rattle that chain one more time. So what did you do keep the truck with a bad T case? Your going to pay around $300 for a airshift then shipping.. Might be time to buy another truck or two just for parts.. :D :shock: :lol: :lol:

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
citizensoldier said:
FMJ said:
Hey Lane, a will a M109 box fit on one of those?

I still need some 2 1/2 ton t-cases ;)
I bet it would FMJ... Thats one heck of a trip from the east side of NC to the west side of NM... It says it will hold 8K I think a M109 box is around 4K so it would do it.. Now that would be a neet camper.

That guy never called me back on the T case deal.. I will rattle that chain one more time. So what did you do keep the truck with a bad T case? Your going to pay around $300 for a airshift then shipping.. Might be time to buy another truck or two just for parts.. :D :shock: :lol: :lol:
Did you see my Norman recovery thread?......my arse still hurts, on top of that the T-case in my "new" 1200.00 dollar deuce is bad.... :(

I've got 6 M35's and 3 M109's..... three with the falling out of high range on the up shift through the gears.....

Ed

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
citizensoldier said:
Have you checked into rebuild kits for these? I am just wondering. I have one on the floor in the shop with a bad bearing in it. I never did get around to braking it down or researching rebuilds or parts availability.
From what I have read here, rebuilding, and replacing gears is VERY expensive, the gear involved with the coming out of high range is the problem, because it doesnt engage all the way, half of each tooth gets eaten away, I think?

I was advised to look for good takeouts......and the deuce I just got is not a donor....lol

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks