• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I did it

rrrr

Well I joined the club of M35A2 owners. I'll pay and pick it up on Friday. Now the real fun begins. Hopefully the 60 mile drive home will be ok. I'll have a chase car and tools just in case. The short drive I did it ran and stopped very well.

I hope my wife hasn't called the men in the white coats ;)

I've spent all day on the forum and looking at the TM's. God there is a lot to learn !!:p

Westech

CPL
Glad to hear you are doing a bunch of reading first! Unlike a lot of the new guys who seam to get in and drive not knowing a THING about what they are driving.

A+!

91W350

You are a lucky man! I paid for mine on mid November and am waiting semi-patiently. Post up some photos!! Glen

Last edited:

rrrr

I'll get pictures posted Friday, can't wait. I'm printing out an operations manual for pre and post drives as well as general maintenance needs.

I'm sure after doing the checks a few times I'll get the hang of it quickly :grin:

rrrr

Well here it is.

I just went through a Generator check for low volts and according to the TM it needs a new Gen. Only puts out 24.5 volts no matter how its adjusted. So I posted another thread about where to get the best deal on a replacement.

Attachments

midcounty

Well here it is.

I just went through a Generator check for low volts and according to the TM it needs a new Gen. Only puts out 24.5 volts no matter how its adjusted. So I posted another thread about where to get the best deal on a replacement.
I had charging issues on mine. Turned out to only need a 6 dollar regulator and not the entire generator. Regulator is easily changed with out removing the generator.

rrrr

I had charging issues on mine. Turned out to only need a 6 dollar regulator and not the entire generator. Regulator is easily changed with out removing the generator.
Where can you get a regulator. I looked at eriksmilitarysurplus he's out, other options?

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The West Texas Detachment of the Steel Soldiers welcomes the new guy and his Deuce from Missouri aboard :D Find a bunk, stow your gear, and prepare to get underway :driver:

Enjoy your reading and your hands-on OJT.

Happy New Year and W E L C O M E :jumpin:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks