• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I finally got my first 5ton!! Santa Brought it!

Cobra03

I have been a lurker here since 2009. My first post has been a long time coming. I went to look at a truck with my Dad last weekend. The owner and i couldn't make a deal. I called him back the next day, and offered a gun trade and he could keep the military trailer. So the deal was within reach. All I needed was $500 more,The wife told me no. Then she said if it was free, she didnt even want it in our subdivision. She just flat out told me no. So i was doing some wheeling and dealing on the side to come up with $500 in a day, not a big deal. The next day the guy called me and told me that he sold the truck. I was devastated. This was the cleanest no rust, no leaks, and practically unused M923A2 I have found. I was butthurt all week. Fast forward to Christmas morning and the kids are opening presents, i hear what I think is the trash truck... On Christmas???!.. No...? I walk out side and Santa is pulling up my driveway in a 5 ton! My Dad and wife bought it for me! Im a lucky SOB. I went and drove it, all the neighbors came out on my maiden voyage. There might be more than one here before too long! lol. It has a couple things i have to address, but over all it is in great condition. I want bows, troop seats, and cargo cover. New seals in cab and windshield, drivers windshield wiper motor, and a pass side bottom seat canvas. I'm super stoked.

12392023_1120412111305382_8768189879980021303_n.jpg774936_10204974965713203_1746109030670968940_o.jpg965889_10204972906101714_3751743346406778816_o.jpg

Cape Coastie

CWO4 ENG/MSS, USCG, RET.
Welcome from Cape Cod, MA and congratulations on the new truck. I love mine. Have fun and looks like you have a great bunch of family there, including "Santa".:driver:

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
MERRY CHRISTMAS! Hahaha. That's great, esp the wife going from "heck no" to "here's the keys!" hahaha. Have fun and congrats.

twisted60

That is awesome, sounds like you have a wonderful family, little behind the back coordination going on and keeping it secret makes it all the better.<br>I did something similar for my dad once, bought him a new Toyota pickup, as he was getting older and had trouble getting in and out of his full size truck, same delivery on Christmas day. I can still see the joy in his eyes, bet you had the same look in your eyes.<br>Congrats on joining the 5 ton club, you will enjoy your new ride.

Cobra03

Thanks guys! And thanks for the welcome! I'm truly blessed.
I don't know if I can handle bigger and better, This thing is pretty darn big for now!

m715mike

Talk about a memory you will have for the rest of your life and a story to share for years to come!!! That is awesome!

Merry Christmas and congrats on the new truck!

P.S. You only have 363 days left to come up with an idea for your wife's next Christmas gift. :wink: