• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I finally started working on my M934 interior..

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
curious about doing this to my 34 in the future hows the build going now?
Like most grand ideas.....

Plans changed, and I sold the truck...

Between a 30ft+ truck, only 12ft of the box really being usable due to the side doors, and 5 MPG, I reevaluated. I then started realizing the XLWB was horrible offroad, prone to getting high centered, the added weight wasn't great, the turning radius was horrible making any off-road navigation suck, and the thin aluminum skin was too easy to punch through...

If I was off road in southern TX or AZ, with relatively flat land, the extra rooftop space would be great and I wouldn't have to worry about a lot of my issues.

But, being homeless, in an urban environment, all of those issues came to bite me in the butt. Parking was a constant issue, even having a parking spot I could use during the night still required me to drive during the day, and just driving from day parking to night parking on a daily basis was costing me over $100 in fuel, and that didn't include getting groceries or anything.

My alternative plan right now is an M931 with a 12ft box on it, or possibly a deuce and a half. Both of which are around 22', and will have most of the same capability, without wasted space.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks