• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I GOT IT, I GOT IT!!!

BobM

My new title (Florida no less) came today. Of course I wasn't home and hadda make an extra trip to the Post Office, BUT I GOT IT!!! :D
I thought that I was getting something called a SF-97? What I got was a full Florida title! Is this right? :?:

BobM

Re: RE: I GOT IT, I GOT IT!!!

rizzo said:
don't look a gift horse in the mouth
Well I'm just surprised. I thought that I was getting some piece of paper that my DMV and I had never seen before. But an out of state title I have done before. I was just curious if this is the norm? :?:

BobM

That Fla title worked like a charm. Now I even have plates......But nowhere to put them! I WAS gonna take off the pintle, but that is gonna be a JOB! :cry:
Right now my plate is hanging on the tailgate and looks awful! :oops:

dk8019

Bob makes an excellent point, where should we put our tags? Mines strapped to my left tail right, and I rigged up a LED to light it, but it's all held on and together with zip ties, a fine piece of engineering it is not. :D

Rickyoday

On the CUCV trucks & Blazers, I buy the standard metal license plate mount with light, and mount it to one of the rear bumper supports on the left side. I use self tapping screws to make it a quick and easy job. I've also used a cabinet hinge(which only allows 90 degrees of travel) on the same bracket, so that when traveling down the road, the wind holds the plate down, and on the occasional off road adventure, I fold the plate up and out of the way. I'll try to find part numbers and pictures of that set-up. PA is a "one plate state", so I don't have to worry about the front plate. Rick

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The pintle comes off easy except for the elbow grease. It takes some cranking as the nuts behind the bots are some kind of self-locking ones. The big nut is easy once the cotter pin is removed. It takes a big pair of channel lock pliers.

BobM

OPCOM said:
The pintle comes off easy except for the elbow grease. It takes some cranking as the nuts behind the bots are some kind of self-locking ones. The big nut is easy once the cotter pin is removed. It takes a big pair of channel lock pliers.
Well, First I have to cut off the lock holding my spare tire hostage. :lol:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks