• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I Got My M1009 Stuck

M1009 Fiend

Had to post.

Well last weeknd when out to Folsom lake and did a little 4x4 just to see how she a handled. Go through almost everything, until i got cocky. And my buddy's who were in little Samurai's when through a slightly wet spot and i stepped on it to follow him, NOT A GOOD IDEA.
Well made it almost all of the way through the hole when my back end was sucked into the 12inch thick clay/mud rather than the sandy stuff i was in. Well i got stuck good. And was in the middle of a cove and now one could get close enough to pull me out with out getting stuck them selfs so 80ft of tow rope and 2 f350, and sami tried to tug me out, no go we just snapped two 8000lb tow ropes. Well then i called my Dad to bring out supplys to get me out of the mud and his f350 tire got slick and got him stuck trying to get to me.
So long story short i had to leave both my m1009 and his truck at the lake over night stuck.

Next day had a buddy with a Chevy 1500 6 inch lift, 35 mudders, basically pulled the 350 out in 30 min. Now my m1009 had sunk another 4inches over night. He got tuck trying to get close to my truck, so he call his dad who had a 10000lb winch.
That pulled me out in about a hour.

So not to dis on fords but Chevy all the way...

And I when an bought 33 Wangler MT/R w/Kevlar so i dont get stuck any more.
I was wondering if any one else runs these on there CUCV

Attachments

Goose2448

Glad you got it unstuck.

Not to hijack here, but I got my Z71 Sub stuck in the snow a few weeks ago. Got it stuck in 40 inches of snow, it pillied up underneth and in the front and would not go. 4 low did nothing. It took about 20 mins to dig myself out. Then I thought I broke the trans cuz it was so stuck the wheels werent moving. I got it self out under its own power though. Thank God its a Chevy.

I have never had my Chevy C20 stuck eventhough it is 2WD and nonlocking.:-D

M1009 Fiend

Ya its the clay is slicked up my tires and no traction, but i did tweak the front axle when getting pulled out and the pass side is about 1 inch back. After investigation i think that my leaf spring shifted and bent the center pin. So i have to wait till i get a lift with new springs.

4bogginchevys

As I was reading the recovery story to the wife she immediately responds....why didn't they call someone with a chevy....LOL. Not trying to hi-jack thread either.... This might be a good time to mention that a friend of mines makes tow/tug ropes, he gave me one to try and when we hooked similiar as the f350's mentioned above, the stuck truck came out very quickly. I'm really not a salesman but if your interested in a 30' tow rope: 54,000lb break rating/18,000lb working load made of a synthetic material, 1.125" thickness give me a pm...cost is 125.00 plus shipping. Just thought I would throw that out there......btw, cool tires:-D

Edit: I made the strap savers for the end, but used it many times before without issue.(thats a bic lighter for size reference):-D

Attachments

Last edited:

rabrownmk

I tell ya what, I used to have a Samurai on 35 boggers, and I couldn't get that thing stuck. I still have a couple good friends that have Samurai's and Trackers, and I tell ya what, they are the most under rated 4x4's. So light and nimble, might not have much power, but they dont really need it. I have learned as well, that if a Samurai makes it, it doesn't necessarily mean I can make it, haha.

Glad you got your truck out, winches always do the trick:-D

flighht2k5

Banned
Glad you got it unstuck.

Not to hijack here, but I got my Z71 Sub stuck in the snow a few weeks ago. Got it stuck in 40 inches of snow, it pillied up underneth and in the front and would not go. 4 low did nothing. It took about 20 mins to dig myself out. Then I thought I broke the trans cuz it was so stuck the wheels werent moving. I got it self out under its own power though. Thank God its a Chevy.

I have never had my Chevy C20 stuck eventhough it is 2WD and nonlocking.:-D
Why do people think once you are spinning in mud or snow that dropping it to 4low will help?

niferous

Those tow straps they sell at most any store are in my eyes worthless. If you want a good 3 or 4" 3 ply strap with eyes on each end let me know. We can make them as long as you want. They are tested and will come with certs. :-D

flighht2k5

Banned
speed control, take pressure off the transmission to prevent failure (tire size),"torque" is traction, somebody chime in there's more.....:-D
Trying to start a fight :). I'm just talking. But if youre highcentered or in goey mud all the torque in the world won't help. Therefor puttig it in low doesn't make a differece

Cucvnut

a winch in pointless if you have nothing to anchor to. you get more toque in 4 low but if you are not being pulled or winching 2 high sucks. in mud. if your buying a winch buy at least a 8k winch for a M1009 and 9k winch fora M1008/1028

M1009 Fiend

Trying to start a fight :smile:. I'm just talking. But if youre highcentered or in goey mud all the torque in the world won't help. Therefor puttig it in low doesn't make a differece
I agree

I tell ya what, I used to have a Samurai on 35 boggers, and I couldn't get that thing stuck. I still have a couple good friends that have Samurai's and Trackers, and I tell ya what, they are the most under rated 4x4's. So light and nimble, might not have much power, but they dont really need it. I have learned as well, that if a Samurai makes it, it doesn't necessarily mean I can make it, haha.
Ya my buddy kept trying to get me to buy one but i got my 1009 instead

And thank for the offers on the tow ropes i would like to take you up on that but i spent all my money on the tires

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks