• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I got one...

IHASFIP

Ok, so I posted the other day on opinions on how much to give for the truck. Well I went ahead and picked it up anyways. I promptly took off the sheet metal on the bed side and the bows? and this huge metal door contraption on the back. It looks much better. I also checked all fluids and they all looked fresh and clean, except for the fuel. I am ordering all filters tomorrow. I also greased everything. I cleaned out the bed and cab and cleaned the windows. Everything works except for the turn signals and one low beam. I do know the the blinker box is fried but I have one on its way. The winch also didn't work and I found it was missing a shear pin so I stuck a bolt in it to verify it worked and it did. The drum is leaking a bit but oh well. I will order a shear pin some time soon. I also noticed on further inspection that I am leaking some gear oil out of 2 of the rear brake drums. I will order seals for all the rear axles this week as well. I need to get s 3" socket, the biggest I have is 2 7/8". I did drive it home and it did 56 mph on flat open ground. I also noticed one front dust boot has a small hole in it. So here in the near future I need to replace those... :-x That looks like a real pain in the ass. I also need to get me some tires. I want bigger. :) Still undecided on to leave the dual or put singles. It is mainly just an offroad toy, so...I don't know. Any ways here are the 2 pics I took of it in the shop. BTW whats the bows, cargo cover, and the big metal door thing on the back worth? What about the troop seats?

D

BTW I will post up pics of the rear door contraption. I know it is so heavy 3 guys and barely move it.

Attachments

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Here is a side shot in the day and a picture of that big ass door thing.

D
It is a security door that whatever unit that had it, made to keep folks from getting into the back of the truck when the canvass was on it. Most likely it was a supply or maintenance duce.

IHASFIP

It is a security door that whatever unit that had it, made to keep folks from getting into the back of the truck when the canvass was on it. Most likely it was a supply or maintenance duce.

Is it worth anything or should I just cut it up and scrap it. It is heavy as hell.

D

IHASFIP

Thank ya sir. I am pleased with it. Have been think about putting a detroit in the front axle . What is the opinions on just locking that one axle?

D