• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I got pulled over in my Deuce

Sumoman

Oh crap, here we go again with the "Military Police" is illegal to have on your truck---no it isn't---yes it is---no it isn't ---yes it is---no it isn't.......... thread again.
IF you present yourself to be an officer of the law then yes it is, otherwise no. Just like having blue lights on your truck is not illegal but turning them on is. If you have a historic tag you can just say it is historically significant and accurate:roll:

Or of course you could ask them if they want to take it for a spin.. BOY Tonka genes will take over and they will forget about the ticket:wink:

Sumoman

The question has come up regarding blue lights, a number of times. Heres my take as LEO out of KY.

Blue lights themselves are not illegal, it is the act of using them outside the protection of the tag.. AKA parades, etc. If you have a blue light that when lit up makes it appear you are on offical duty then yes you can be given a ticket. You are only impersonating a LEO when you say "hey I am a cop", your vehicle has nothing to do with it.

Of course each state is different, but were some dumb cop here to areest you based on lights then you'd have a nice lawsuit and plenty of MV cash-O-la:-D

PsycoBob

That's the worst part about the laws in the US- what's illegal in my state isn't in yours, and even counties can differ greatly. :banghead: Wasn't there a thread about how M35's have bumper-height issues in OH?

I just finished fixing a ticket I got while driving my brother's car- Florida vehicle registrations expire on the owner's birthday, not one year after registering like NY does. Fortunately, they were more interested in "Did it get fixed?" than slamming me. Dismissed! :-D

firebuilder

Bumper height issues in Illinois that Vtach is looking into, not sure about Ohio, except that if you run Michigan tags there you'll be pulled over no matter what vehicle.

steelandcanvas

I don't understand this "bumper height" problem. The vehicle came from the factory like that, there were no modifications. How can something that came from the factory be illegal?:confused::roll:

firebuilder

It appears Illinois law does not make any exception. Not surprising since the deuce was not designed as a civi vehicle and wouldn't have had to meet the same (if any existed) regs. It really is a bumper/frame height issue. Search for the thread in the deuce mods section if you really want the details.

Elwenil

Local laws can vary wildly on the lights and emergency vehicle appearance. The stricter laws are usually the result of some sort of foolishness going on and the local or state government overreacting to the problem and passing some crazy law. In Virginia, civilians can only have a amber beacon, but even then only under certain circumstances like mail delivery or plowing snow. I used to run a cheap magnet mount beacon when pulling idiots out of ditches in the winter and was told that was not legal. Of course when you get right down to it, pulling people out of a ditch after an "accident" is not really legal either. Either way, it's best to check your local laws and be informed about what is legal and what is not in your area. It's not a smart thing to make assumptions about in this day of paranoia.

Pawnshop

The Mexican military uses M35s, that Border Patrol agent was doing his job and likely EXTREMELY relieved to not find Mexican Forces on his side of the border (AGAIN), or a truckload of: illegal aliens, pot, meth, weapons, Al Queda or all of the above. Those agents are over worked and stretched thin with a huge patrol area, a truckload of bad would have ruined his day, you made his day by not being a problem AND by being a nice guy, good on 'ya.

And for those who don't know: that is a BBQ pit, not a grille, grilles are for steaks, pits are for BBQ, there is a HUGE difference!

JMicheals1984

I would like to add my Father in Law was a MP in Vietnam and rode in a Deuce and a Half. He said his only injury in the entire war was jumping out of a Deuce and a Half. Said he got banged up pretty bad.

BEASTMASTER

back in the 70's i was working in mich. and got a ticket for having yellow beacons on my p/u. seems yellow was for police and fire .how did i know??

quickfarms

this is an old post

out here yellow is for warning on tow trucks and work trucks and other vehicles.

Only leo's and fire can use red

Leo's can also use blue and white.

funerals can use purple if I remember correctly.

some of the newer highway work trucks are using white also.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks