• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I got to see a 10kw AMMPS generator!

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was in the right place at the right time and got to check out a 10kW AMMPS generator. I was struck by how much smaller it is. I wish we could have fired it up bit we were indoors.

I can't lie, it made me a little bit giddy. :clinto:

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Critical military features
Multi-fuel (JP-8, JP-4, DF-1, DF-2, DF-A)
• Operate at all environmental extremes
• Excellent power quality
• High reliability

-----------
Not really sure if that counts as a multi-fuel in my book. :clinto:

quickfarms

It is not that small or light compared to industrial diesel generators of similar size for the 5 and 10 kw versions.

A typical 1800 rpm Kubota powered 6kw industrial generator is 24" wide, 24" tall and 36" to 44" long and weighs about 500 lbs. This is a common generator found in an industrial light tower that has a 10,000 + hour service life.

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Its a lot smaller than my MEP003. ;)

That company is building hybrid power systems that can use solar, wind, and diesel. Its interesting to see how they are packaging everything to make it durable and easy for young "kids" in stressful situations to put together.

With some luck I may get to work with them some on their projects.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks