• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I guess it's true you can't have just one.

corvette9

30 years ago my brother and I bought an old gas job deuce pipeline line truck. Then it started. Long story short we ended up with a dozen trucks inc. 2 M543's 1 M62 2 halftracks and so on. After years of ownership we sold them all off.

Now here I am at 52 and the bug gets me again. Back in Aug. I bought an M 936A2 out of Ft Meade. I do towing for the town and State Pd so I have a thing for wreckers.

Thursday I bought a 5 ton cargo at New Castle DE. It was overhauled 11/11. Looks like a nice truck. I have read alot on this site about these overhauled trucks. I guess I'll see how good a job they do.

New Castle is only 200 miles from me but I'm still sending a friend of mine down to pick it up with a Landall. I'm not as optimistic as some of you guys. Also my shop is jambed this time of year so I don't have time to go get it myself.

Here is a pic of the cargo and my wrecker.

57275257_gl_large_thumb.jpgIMG_1494.jpgResampled_2013-09-13_12-02-19_68.jpg

Last edited:

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very nice trucks. I would like a wrecker but not in budget and a mule,goat,half track .
Come to think about it the list is very long.
Dang I need to win the lottery.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats on re-engaging. I would have disagree on owning more than one. I only own one ambulance, one cargo truck, one wrecker project, one cargo trailer and one pioneer tool trailer. Owning only one is essy.

corvette9

Suprman.
We will see if it is as nice as your tractor. Your truck is what pushed me over the edge.

I met Suprman last summer at a local cruise night. I'm driving one of my Vettes and he pulls in with this like new 5 ton tractor. I had to go look at it and started talking to to him. This truck was mint. It looks like it was never drivin. He helped me out with some of the details on what trucks to buy and told me alittle about GL. I wanted a wrecker for some time and after seeing his truck I pulled the trigger.

If this cargo is even close to as nice as his I'll be very happy.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks