• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I hate drilling holes in my trailers........

AaronW

........so I didn't. I needed to mount a plate on my M105 and wanted to avoid making any new holes. After searching in vain for just a single hole that would work, the ole lightbulb came on for a second. I used a standard "T" mounting plate found on chassis/cab trucks. I drilled an offset from center 3/8" hole in the "T" plate and used the existing mounting bolt on the multi-function light. Seems to be in a good location. Should make the LEO's happy. Easy to remove for shows. In the future, I may tap into the running lamp wire and add a 24v bulb in the hole provided on the "T" plate.

Attachments

acmunro

I know what you mean about drilling extra holes. I used the same thing on the back of my M1031 Contact Maint Truck. Before that I had it mounted on the tailgate. Funny thing there is - The bolts that hold the tailgate together are spaced properly for the license plate. The only reason I moved it to the tail light is they have the generic tail lights that also have a built in license plate light.

Lex_Ordo

It appears that the Canadians used some kind of number plate which is the same type of plate used by civilians, so my plate just went right on the back of the tub, where the mounting spot was from the factory.

However, I found that Trucklite makes a nice steel powder coated plate holder that I incorporatred on my Duece, and it works real well, and looks the part.

Truck-Lite - Catalog Product : License Plate Bracket For Model 15 Products

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks