• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I hate paperwork!

acmunro

My latest GL encounter with the main office was this: I went to log onto my account and found it to be frozen. I think What gives ? I call to get a snippy answer that I had not paid for a lot I had won.

I had called prior to bidding and stated I would pay for the auctions with a wire transfer. I won. Went to the bank to send the wire. I Called GL before going in to see if I could combine the amount due for two different sales and lot numbers. I gave them the specific sales and lot numbers and they said they could go together ok. I watched the lady at the bank write the sales and lot numbers on the form. Left the bank and called GL to let them know the wire was sent. Checked the GL site the next day and the one item that didn't need a EUC was marked "Paid in full" I thought good the wire went through.
The other item required an EUC that I submitted. (Would not be marked paid in full until EUC clears for those not familiar with GL) Today my account was frozen. It took several calls and a few hours but they admitted the mistake was theirs. What annoyed me was the snippy answer I was given during the first call, and when I told her the situation where the wire was combined and one sale was credited and the other was not, I was put on eternal hold, and then told it would be a few hours until my account would be availible to me. It kind of makes me wonder how their system works. I would think overpayment on one lot would raise a red flag, since it was the same amount I owed and they shut my account down for. Their customer service/ accounting could be better.
I guess its the price we pay for good deals. Just a little venting.

Sumoman

I am a little surprised at the trouble everyone is having. Here in KY if the truck is older then 25 years, and from the government they expect no title and will title it with a paid invoice and a vehicle inspection (This from the state DMV).

I have no need for the GL forms thank heaven, I have to wait long enough for the EUC (which has gone to DRMS for final processing according to GL).

As for dealing with GL I have had nothing but good experiences, the only thing killing me here is the wait. If I could change anything it would be the EUC process which takes WAY too long. But for the price I am happy to spend another couple grand.. at least it is at my pace rather then having to come up with 3-5 grand to buy a truck with title now. But GL is always quick to answer my questions, and I have had nothing but great service so far on each auction and pick-up.

WOW, some of you may not know how fast GL is now. In the not so distant past an EUC would take longer to clear than you now are waiting for your SF-97. Then the SF-97 would take several more months, several. I may be fortunate, but I have had 0 problems with GL. Sometimes I think the extra effort may keep the retail shoppers at Wal-Mart.

ABN173

If we were paying premium prices I say we could expect premium service:wink:
Sorry I beg to differ, for example the army paid $32,000 (or less depending on variation) for a vehicle say 25 years ago, and now we are are still paying a $1000 or triple that for a bare bones vehicle that does not even have AC which may or may not even be running and most likely missing keys (yes I know it's because we like them) I still think that qualifies as a premium price considering what these vehicles have been through. Just my two cents...........(prices I mention are mostly dealing with the cucv series)

CW2 Dale Campbell

Last edited:

2deuce

I have had a few minor problems. My faxes have been lost. There seems to be some bickering between depts cause CS will tell you one thing and the EUC dept will tell you not to listen to them. Whoever answers the phone I do what they say and hope for the best. There was a woman I talked to that seemed to have a chip on her shoulder. She told me she didn't have time to talk to me about sales tax and hung up. The bad thing about that was I was on hold for 15 minutes waiting to talk to someone.