• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I hate the Smell of Maple Syrup

IRWFO

On the way to work I smelled it.:-?

After work I jumped in and sure enough a nice puddle of green on the floor.:sad:

Glad it was less then a 15min ride home because I could barely see out the windshield and I won't crave pancakes for a long time. :)

Oh well, I guess yard work will wait another week. At least it didn't happen next week. I'll have a bunch of Ret. Marines in my truck for a St. Pat Parade. Those guys would never let me live it down. :p

AJMBLAZER

It's the heater core probably. Perfectly repairable. A bit of a PITA but perfectly doable.

Coolant DOES NOT remind me of maple syrup. Gah!:wink:

IRWFO

Sounds like a classic heater core leak, better get your but in gear so you can get ready for the parades.:wink:
Yeah it was the heater core I was smelling this morning. I've done Blazer ones before, no big deal. I'll see you in the morning to pick up my tools. I'm going to make a day of it and fix the oil leak and do a service. I have to take out the seats and pull the mat too. I want to clean out the antifreeze.:cry:

IRWFO

Just some info if you guys ever have to take out the heater core. After removing the seat the whole job just took about 45min. to remove. I have to go pick up a new one and it should only take about 30min. to re-install. The worst part was removing the original hose clamps. They were so old they didn't want to open up. The heater core is a Harrison so it's probably original. If you are wondering why my t-case shifter is apart, I was removing the mat to clean all the antifreeze out. Good thing too because I have some nice rust starting and figured it was a good time to take care of it.

The last photo is from just 5 days ago. Today it is over 60 degrees. Glad this happened now instead of then.:-D

Attachments

AJMBLAZER

Guy I work with has a mid 90's Audi sedan. His heater core died back in November and holy crap are they expensive. The part alone was over $330! No shop in town would do it for less than $600 either. He drove it with no heat for about a month before he fixed it. Zero degree temps, feet of snow, and all.:|

Dabba

ha!, centereach. You can find me off roading at that place in medford behind the old irs building.. We should meet up some time. 86m10086.2 (Think thats his name) is located in commack i think he said or holbrook.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks