• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I have a sick 6.2L and need some help!!!

ralbelt

Mine had almost the same sound. Pulled both heads because of water in the oil, left head had a bad crack, got a new one to replace it and right side had to bad valves which were replaced with 2 good ones from the leftt side. and all the rest were remachined. Not back together yet.

Last edited:

pigfoot63

Agree, with Ron intake valve. If truck has been sitting intake valve may just be stuck, I would crack my injector lines one at a time to see which cylinder it is and go from there.

wlcharm

Thanks
I will try the ATF. I have a junk M1009 I got from GL at OKC I might just take the heads off and get a valve job on them and just swap out the heads.
Anyone know what the going price of a valve job is?????
Thanks again.

ralbelt

Plan on having the heads resurfaced if they are not cracked. Left head and right head are interchangable. Just swap out coolant block off plates on the back. Plan on intake gasket set, ex manifold gaskets and ex donuts, water crossover gaskets (same as block off plate gasket) have ex manifolds machined as they will be warped, and 2 sets of new head bolts. Valve cover gaskets.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks