• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I have joined the Goat herd

combat32

Got a couple of good days of work done on the goat, almost ready for a test drive. But my new radiator core suports are too tall, gonna have to whittle them down some.

All my linkage is now hooked up, seems to shift pretty well thru the gears as well as the t case.

Gonna take a week off for a camping trip more pics when i get back.

combat32

Vacation over, back to work.

Problem number 467, i didn't get the original alternator with this truck, looking at all the spare pulleys i have, i don't have one that matches up. Anyone got a spare? Or idea where to get the right pulley?

The goat alternator pulley seems unique.

Attachments

Last edited:

combat32

Found the pulley thanks to Mark's help and it is on the way. I think i found some radiator support pads that will work, things are looking up. Will have radiator pressure tested this week and hopefully installed by next Tuesday.

combat32

Got my radiator pressure tested today, good thing as it had a couple of small leaks in the corners, not where i thought it would leak.
Radiator shop says it will be done tomorrow.

The radiator support pads i went with i got from LMC truck, for a early to mid 60s c10 truck, they look like an almost exact match.

Last edited:

Another Ahab

Got my radiator pressure tested today, good thing as it had a couple of small leaks in the corners, not where i thought it would leak.
Radiator shop says it will be done tomorrow.

The radiator support pads i went with i got from LMC truck, for a early to mid 60s c10 truck, they look like an almost exact match.
That's some fast turn-around.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks