• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I have too Many CUCV's and Parts

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Come north 8 hours. I will sell you a low mileage 6.2 HMMWV engine, a brand new rear differential in a crate and a wiring harness for that M1009. I am cleaning up and clearing out my stock of CUCV parts. Exit 90 I 81 in Pennsylvania.
I'm in York not to far away...I'll keep you in mind if I need a diff...I do need a rear window crank if you have one of those! My tailgate is ok but I can't move the window so I took it all apart and found the crank teeth shot.

cucvrus

Here you go. They have all the parts you need. May I also suggest that you replace the side window channels while you are in there. They are a real drag ion the window and sash assembly. Many are poorly greased, oiled and maintained. remember clean and grease. No aerosol spray lube. Grease and oil on all moving parts after they are polished smooth. They will last indefinitely. Good Luck. Check out my Terminus M1009 thread and see how I repaired a totally scrap M1009 gate and turned it into a nice useable durable gate that lasted thru rough use/abuse and still worked as designed. Happy Holidays.

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Here you go. They have all the parts you need. May I also suggest that you replace the side window channels while you are in there. They are a real drag ion the window and sash assembly. Many are poorly greased, oiled and maintained. remember clean and grease. No aerosol spray lube. Grease and oil on all moving parts after they are polished smooth. They will last indefinitely. Good Luck. Check out my Terminus M1009 thread and see how I repaired a totally scrap M1009 gate and turned it into a nice useable durable gate that lasted thru rough use/abuse and still worked as designed. Happy Holidays.
I was looking on their site last night but couldn't find tailgate parts!!! I will look up your build for sure! Thanks 1009 times!!

cucvrus

Check this out. This gate was scrap when I started and I spent time and effort to get it decent and usable again.

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bring that old rusty gate up this way. I am sure I have another one that is in better shape than what you are working on. Don't want to get deleted again so.
That sounds like a blast...I read a bunch of your builds and stories...showed my son and he's definitely wanting to check out the toy store...I got him the blazer so he can learn how to do things on his own...he's 14 working on paying it off!! The tailgate I have is in pretty good shape...not rusted or beat up to bad...the window stuff though is another story! Have to get in touch once it warms up a bit!
Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

oshacraig

Since mechanically the M1009 seems sound, I hate to see it parted out. It still has the military base markings, paint, M16 racks etc. No mods at all. I would rather someone with more time and money than me save it because I realize they are getting harder to find in original form. If I had less current projects, more money, and more time, I would just repair the cab rust, repair the interior, source a tailgate, and enjoy but its not possible now. It has two huge new commercial batteries and cranks with just a bump of the key. I would rather focus my project money and time on the 6.5 turbo and NV 4500 swap. I will get photos up tomorrow of the cab rust and crappy interior.

I think the 6.5 turbo / NV 4500 are destined for my M1031/M1028 farm truck build.
Do you still have that M1009, mine was destroyed by a drunk driver at the El Darado exit in Clear Lake . I had it 90% restored. A lyft driver with no insurance hit me going around 70 mph he killed a man in an other vehicle, really bad deal. I have tried to buy one and hard to find and crazy expensive.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you still have that M1009, mine was destroyed by a drunk driver at the El Darado exit in Clear Lake . I had it 90% restored. A lyft driver with no insurance hit me going around 70 mph he killed a man in an other vehicle, really bad deal. I have tried to buy one and hard to find and crazy expensive.
Your very close to Ft. Hood.
(I lived in Marble Falls for a while).

Watch the GP auctions and one will turn up there at some point, as I’ve seen some in the background of pictures of other auction items.

Yes
Prices are going up steadily on CUCVs.
Unmolested stock ones are getting harder to find and bring the most cash.

cucvrus

This is an absolute fact. I seen many all jacked and hacked.
Reminds me of a Three Dog Night song

Want some lift kit on your CUCV?
Oil in your fuel?
What's all these crazy questions they're askin' me?
This is the craziest web site that could ever be
Don't turn on the lights 'cause I don't want to see

CUCVRUS told me not to lift. Oh Lord
CUCVRUS told me not to lift.
That ain't the way to add value, no"

Open up the window let some air inside this cab.
I think I'm almost choking from the smell of burning wires.
And that flex plate grinding starter bout scared me half to death
Let me out of this cab, sucker, let me catch my breath.

Or something like that. Happy Holidays
All in fun, but seriously who does that?

oshacraig

Your very close to Ft. Hood.
(I lived in Marble Falls for a while).

Watch the GP auctions and one will turn up there at some point, as I’ve seen some in the background of pictures of other auction items.

Yes
I am from the Marble Falls area.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks