• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I joined the club!

Etnomaiab

Well I finally joined the Deuce club!

I've been looking for a Deuce for a while after reading about how cheap they seemed to be going at GL auctions. I had been browsing the listings for a bit but there never seemed to be anything very close to me (Houston). After reading about the hassle with GL and EUC's (I haven't had a landline in years!), I noticed a Deuce for sale about an hour away. It is a 1970 Kaiser M35a2 with winch. It was a little more than I first wanted to spend but with it only being an hour away, in perfect running condition, and not having to deal with GL I decided to go for it. I paid the former owner yesterday and will be picking her up tomorrow. I can't wait!

Attachments

Pawnshop

Another Texas member! Welcome aboard, you will like your Deuce. I almost bought mine from a private seller but ended up with one of the FEW to show up on GL in Texas. You guys in PA, AL, OK and CA have tons to choose from, we down here in Texas have to drive a long way for a recovery or fight over the ones already here:)

waayfast

Welcome to The OD addiction!!! You'll probably want to use the search tool to find a suitable answer to "What are you going to do with that------" !!

Jim

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are 3 MV groups in Houston, the Military Museum of Texas, Bluebonnet Military Motor Pool, and the 6th Cavalry Assn. Join one and see you at the parades, airshows, and reenactments!

Etnomaiab

Congrats and welcome to the club..... hope you have big tools....
My last project vehicle was a wrangler. I'm sure I'll be needing a lot more (bigger) tools now. But I could always use another excuse to buy tools...

Welcome to the club. There is an invaluable resource section here and it includes most tech manuals you could want.
This site has been very helpful so far. I've already downloaded all of the tech manuals and have been skimming through. Lots of questions have been answered with those. Thanks.

Welcome to The OD addiction!!! You'll probably want to use the search tool to find a suitable answer to "What are you going to do with that------" !!
Good question. I'm sure everyone thinks I'm crazy. Maybe I am? Quarter-life crisis?

My future plans include bobbing the bed and larger tires, but first it will be little stuff/maintenance. The only problems (so far) is the fuel gauge is stuck on full and the passenger side wiper is not working.

Everyone else:
Thanks for the comments. I can't wait to start tearing into this thing.

Etnomaiab

There are 3 MV groups in Houston, the Military Museum of Texas, Bluebonnet Military Motor Pool, and the 6th Cavalry Assn. Join one and see you at the parades, airshows, and reenactments!
I'll have to look into those. Thanks!

welcome to the site, and you might want to brush up on the TMs so you can keep her up in running in tip top shape!
Will do. Does anyone know where in the manuals some sort of maintenance schedule is? They are pretty long and I haven't dug into them too far. The truck has about 40k miles on it. Is there anything specific I should look for with this many miles on the truck that I may be forgetting?

Orionspath

You will be glad nontheless. I see you have a hard roofed home for your future aspirations! better than what I have.... congrats and welcome to the addiction! The fun begins NOW!

Etnomaiab

You will be glad nontheless. I see you have a hard roofed home for your future aspirations! better than what I have.... congrats and welcome to the addiction! The fun begins NOW!
The garage is actually the previous owner's, but I will have somewhere to keep this thing that is covered.

TM 9-2320-209-10-2 but there is also an LO 9-2320-209-12-1
Thanks. I'm reading it now.

trooper632

welcome, I just bought my first duece couple of weeks ago, and love it, I also just picked up a m817 out of OH. to put on the ranch, looked preety nice but will know more when I get it. Also out of the great state of TEXAS.

Etnomaiab

Well I just got her home. The engine sounds great but we did have a problem on the road. She started overheating and spewing coolant once we got on the highway. We popped the hood and found out that one of the belts broke that runs the fan/water pump and the generator, and the other belt had come off the pulleys. We got the good belt back on, topped off the radiator, and hit the road and she ran perfectly again. The generator acts as the tensioner and it looks like it hadn't been tightened down very well and came loose on the highway. It feels nice to get her home!

Right now the deuce is sitting in my driveway and I'm sure the neighbors think I'm nuts. I live in a little gated townhouse community near downtown so this thing sticks out. In the next few days I am going to move it to the shop.

sermis

I know that truck.........Traded it for my M715 project that Barrman is building for me.
It ran strong.
It has new wheel bearings in the front axle.
Fuel pump has been swaped out for used pump.
Not sure on the fuel guage problem. Swaped both guage and sender and still would not work right.