• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I joined the crowd.

SgtMajHarper

My nemesis strikes once more, ( the internet ). During another routine killing time search for green machines and other cool things on a cold winter day, I came across a local M274 Mule for sale. As usual, I kept looking, the ad stayed up day after day until the sirens song became too loud and I succumbed to "I'll see if he still has it" which turned into "I'll just look at it" and the final "I'll just offer him THIS much and not a penny more".
So now I have another critter in the herd and parked out in the barn. From what I've figured out so far it looks to be a 67' USMC version (A2?), previous owner said he thought '62 or '64, but the data plate says '67. Electric start, 2 wheel steer, starts and runs good. Looks complete, has the usual dings and scrapes and probably half a dozen coats of paint flaking off. Hope to strip it down and get it painted and prettied up. (Right after I finish putting my Gama Goat back together this spring and painting it).

dmetalmiki

In these difficult times it is MUST to occupy oneself.
Better to occupy the lock down time filling the barn/shed/workshop whatever, As long as it's green.
Well done on your latest acquisition.

SgtMajHarper

No work done on it yet, but have checked a little more and found out it's a 69' not a 67', I found a helpful group of folks on FB, put me in touch with a gentleman who hooked me up with what parts I was looking for and those parts are starting to arrive. I also located and bought an M116 trailer that was complete that I am going to use as my mule hauler. I need to relocate a wall shelf in my shop (hopefully this weekend) and then can get the trailer inside and behind my Gama Goat that will probably be the prime mover.

As it warms up and the wind dies down I'll get started working on all of this and get some pictures posted.

I did start it up and drove it around the yard today and went down to the road and picked up mail, got a slow down, big wave from a couple of passing cars.

SgtMajHarper

No work done on it yet, but have checked a little more and found out it's a 69' not a 67', I found a helpful group of folks on FB, put me in touch with a gentleman who hooked me up with what parts I was looking for and those parts are starting to arrive. I also located and bought an M116 trailer that was complete that I am going to use as my mule hauler. I need to relocate a wall shelf in my shop (hopefully this weekend) and then can get the trailer inside and behind my Gama Goat that will probably be the prime mover.

As it warms up and the wind dies down I'll get started working on all of this and get some pictures posted.

I did start it up and drove it around the yard today and went down to the road and picked up mail, got a slow down, big wave from a couple of passing cars.
Warmer weather and less wind has allowed me to get a few items taken care of. Had the wheel wells widened on my M116 trailer and a bunch of holes welded shut. Side rails, old data plates and unused rear winch mount removed from the mule, both almost ready for sand blasting and then new paint and markings.

SgtMajHarper

With warmer weather and now when it's not too hot or raining I've been getting a little done here, a little done there....finally today on our Independence Day, I am finished with everything I was wanting done. A few new parts, stripped it down, new paint and markings, DONE!

Attachments

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
With warmer weather and now when it's not too hot or raining I've been getting a little done here, a little done there....finally today on our Independence Day, I am finished with everything I was wanting done. A few new parts, stripped it down, new paint and markings, DONE!
Really Nice!!

Like you, I need one of those like I need a hole in my head - but still - one may show up at my place one day.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks