• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I joined the "CUCV Key Club"

A buddy and I picked-up a couple of CUCV's today. Mine is a M1009, his is a M1008. We won 3 trucks at a local auction, I did not think that I wanted a CUCV, but it happened.
It is a '85 with 36,000 miles, it has the normal WI body rot, but it is a overall solid truck with a clean engine bay and interior. The alts. were removed as was the top and tail gate. The VA used it for a welding truck, hence the missing top. They installed a make-shift steel and plexi-glass cab closure, that will have to do for now until I deside what I am going to do with the truck.
I installed the batteries and it fired right up. I took it for a spin around the area and it ran out good.
The IDIOTS at the VA, a 1000 acre mega-complex with thousands of employees, could not locate the keys for either truck. They said they had the keys but when I went to pick-up the truck last Thursday, they could not find them. I told the cheif idiot that they should be all the same key, but he said they were not. So we used a skid loader to load both trucks today and low and behold when we got the trucks home, I borrowed a key from my friends M1008 and it works. Now I have several coppies of the elusive CUCV key and will not be caught without one again.
Once again the really nice thing about this truck is (1) NO EUC, (2) local auction, 5 miles from my office, (3) no SF97 or title fees, and all for a total of $200, who said there are no cheap CUCV's around.

Attachments

50shooter

It is so nice to see someone come out ahead for a change. You may have got the run around but looks like you came out really well in the long run. I recently got two M1008's and one of the ignition's takes a good amount of wiggling to get the key to work. Both trucks came w/the round ignition key instead of the square one,...is that normal. Usually the round is for doors and trunks and square for ignition, at least on civi versions.

Congrats on a nice looking machine.

BobM

Yes, round key is normal. One key for both the doors and ignition.
Let's see what IS that keycode? :twisted:

I treasure my first CUCV key. I got it to preview 09s from Indy and ended up using it for my 08 from Ft Mead. But I kept the original key and sold it with a duplicate.

nf6x

Feral Engineer
Congratulations on your haul! You only paid $200 for your truck?! Wow! :jumpin:

I got my first CUCV key around 8 years or so ago (many years before I got my first CUCV). I was at one of my favorite gun stores, chatting with the guy behind the counter, and my truck collection came up in conversation. He had a CUCV key on his keychain that somebody had given him, and he was impressed enough with my little motorpool that he passed it on to me, figuring I might put it to good use someday. Yay! Ahh, good ol' 73Y2, how we love ya'! ;)

EZFEED

Indeed it is good to see someone come out ahead like 50 Shooter stated. Congrats bud and may she be a quite dependable and worthy steed!!!!!:-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks