• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I just bought an M35A2 from G&L....how do I get a title

gasser

You will have to go the title-bond way. There are a few; Broadway Titles is one that seems to be popular. If you search within the forums here, I believe there is mentions of others as well as comments/feedback from previous folks who had to go through that scenario.

I am somewhat lucky with the GL purchase I just did for my M109A3 -- State of Georgia doesn't require titles with vehicles older than '86. But I am sure if/when I do leave GA, I will be looking for a title bondsman.

HTH,

-graham
86 M1009
67 M109A3

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Probably not Graham! I've gotten a few trucks from Wayne Harris and taking a bill of sale and the GA registration has always netted me a title here in FL.

gasser

Kenny, you maybe right. Ohio seems to have more relaxed policy that some. I just assumed that Ohio was one of the stricter states. Taken from their DMV site - http://bmv.ohio.gov/title/title_faq.htm

Q12:
I purchased a vehicle in-state or out-of-state and the seller did not provide me with a title. I have a bill of sale. What do I do?

A12:
Contact the title division by letter. Compose a sworn notarized statement as to the facts pertaining to the purchase of the vehicle. Next, obtain a completed Out of State Inspection form. Make a copy of all papers that you have on the vehicle from the seller and mail to the Ohio BMV, Title Division, P.O. Box 16520, Columbus, Ohio 43216-6520. The inquiry will be reviewed by the Title Section and if approved, a letter of authorization will be issued.

Then I guess you take this letter to the DMV and your're all set bradmachine. Sorry about the possible confusion.

-graham.

reblawyer

I am going through a similar process here in MS but my chief problem has turned out to be a lack of VIN, so I am applying for a VIN and when that is done I will be able to get a title. The best step I took in the entire process was to contact my local State Senator (lucky for me a fellow Rotarian) and ask for him to contact the Title Division of our Tax Department. I suggest that you try the political route in paralell with the bureaucratic route. It felt really good to put a politician to good use and he was keen on the idea of an MV showing up in our local parades.

bradmachine

title for duece

Thanks to all for the reply.....I did understand that they say no SF97 will be issued.....but to sell a motor vehicle in Ohio without a title is illegal according to my lawyer buddy.....but who and how to go about getting the sf97 is the problem....GL doesn't own the vehicle the DOD does I guess.....I think GL is breaking the law in Ohio by selling without title documentation....I went to my local Title office today and they said to bring a bill of sale and a title could be issued.....but I didn't tell them that the bill of sale will probably say date of manufacture Unkown.....I wonder who is behind this recent change, not to issue sf97's......I am going to complain to my congressman.......If everybody did it would put some heat on GL......the date of manufacture may be on the nameplate on the dash....I'm not sure...I don't understand why GL is taking such a hands off attitude about this.... it is like they are afraid of being sued if they issue an sf97 and then someone gets hurt in one of these vehicles..?????..Is there a way to tell the year of manufacture from the serial or vin number..????

mangus580

Brad, you MUST add your location to your profile as specified in the FAQ's on the left. I asked you to do this privately, but I got no response.

thanks again,

rice

Ohio does not accept Broadway title. The full serial number on the left front frame rail should give some idea of the year if you post it. Probably about 9 numbers long.

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
brad, click on profile at the top of the page you can type you location into your signature. It will add your location automatically (hint, hint)

poppop

I just bought a 95 s-10 pick-up from GL with no SF97. I called my local tag office to inquire about getting a title. They gave me the number to the state DMV help line. The lady there said it was illegal to sell a vehicle newer than 86 without a title and someone should take legal action against GL. She then told me I could go to my insurance agent and buy a surity bond and get a title, Called my agent and he said he could but had done it so rarely he prefered I go to the bailbondsman across from the Sheiffs office because they do it all the time. I am told with that and a form T22B filled out by a police officer certifing the year, make and Vin, then the state will issue me a title. The bond is supposed to cost $100.00. I will be picking the truck up in South Carolina next week so we'll see how it goes.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks