• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I just got notification my subscription is about to end, wtf?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I just renewed after the site was updated, now I got this in my email:
Dear gimpyrobb,

Your access to the paid subscription "Premium Member" is about to expire.

If you have selected a recurring subscription you will be automatically billed for the renewal, else to renew this subscription you must visit http://vb4.steelsoldiers.com/payments.php

If you do not extend your subscription, access will be removed.

All the best,
Steel Soldiers::Military Vehicles Supersite

Is this a malfunction?

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I got the same email yesterday and I've already renewed...for two years??

Gunboy...how did you check your expiration...or where?

Edit...thanks Gunboy...just checked...I'm good til Nov 2014!!:D

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Perhaps the server is using a Mayan Calendar.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sorry just noticed this thread. We had created a test forum with vb4.steelsoldiers.com as the address instead of www.steelsoldiers.com . This test forum was running a cloned copy of the database. It wasn't until last week that I realized it still had access to the mailer daemon on the server. So when your subscription expired on the old snapshot, it started mailing out people. If you see an email with vb4.steelsoldiers.com please ignore it. I apologize for any confusion this has caused.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Reconciliation. Deep Steel Soldiers spending cuts and substantial fee increases. The Gov't is sponsoring a takeover of the MV Forum we enjoy. We are heading over the Steel Soldiers cliff. (FWIW, this is humor).