• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I just won this M1082 2013 Oshkosh

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you don't have an intervehicle cable that is 12pin to 12pin then you would need to fab something up.
Standard 4 wire trailer spool scotchlokd into the tail lights of the deuce and magnet leds on the trailer. 800mi round trip in a deuce wouldn't be worth the trailer to me.
It will be an adventure for sure. Standard intervehicular cable I think I can find one. Thank you Gentlemen.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Bill Nutting

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If your M925 is in good shape, why wouldn’t you tow this trailer with that? A couple of air lines and an inter-vehicle cable and you’re all set. Once you get it home do you plan to use it behind your 925?

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Towing with a 3/4 ton Duramax is fine if you are easy on the Brakes. Only smoked them once in 400miles.IMG_20200613_121128883.jpgIMG_20200613_121110010.jpg

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The M-1082 weighs more than the Duramax. 6500 vs 6000ish, right? How is it possibly OK to tow that load with no brakes?
Drive without brakes untill you need them. Avoid cities. Use downshifting to slow down. Been pulling loads like this for years. Mostly on rural roads and dirt. Do I recommend it to some that has never pulled anything. No. Don't exceed 55 on highway stay around 30 or less in town.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The M-1082 weighs more than the Duramax. 6500 vs 6000ish, right? How is it possibly OK to tow that load with no brakes?
Hope and pray nothing jumps out into the road in front of you. If it does, run it over and keep driving.
Either that or lock up the truck brakes, jackknife, and run over whatever jumped in front of you.
Third option is be prepared to run into the ditch.

If everything goes right it can be done, as he just proved. But just because something CAN be done doesn't make it safe or legal.

In Texas no trailer brakes is legal under 15k lbs if you keep it below 30mph.

NEIOWA

Drive without brakes untill you need them. Avoid cities. Use downshifting to slow down. Been pulling loads like this for years. Mostly on rural roads and dirt. Do I recommend it to some that has never pulled anything. No. Don't exceed 55 on highway stay around 30 or less in town.

83% of the time you won't loose playing russian roulette. But Darwin is a betch and the other 17% of the time is really would suck.

FloridaAKM

I pulled a M1082 home from a distance of about 40 miles & know better than to attempt to try it with a Toyota Tacoma which is insane. The Deuce got a good work out on that trip & until the road got a few hills in front of me, you couldn't tell the trailer was there. The hills were a reminder that the trailer was still back there.

Personally, I would not pull the M-1082 with anything smaller than the Deuce, but that is because of not wanting to have to deal with a DOT guy or become involved in a wreck due to someone's attention being on their phone & not the road. This is just a choice I made @ the time.

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You guys missed my post about bringing home a m1095 with my S10. Or was that bringing home an S10 in a M1095 ? Darn altheimers....I don't have an S10.

Last edited:

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hopefully I won't be doing that again Maybe by this time next year I'll have an LMTV to pull it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks