• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I know he's gotta be on here!

So I'm sitting here on this lovely Sunday morning, sipping my coffee and watching Auction Hunters and waiting for The Powerblock. This is an older episode where Alan and Ton are somewhere in MA. and snag a unit containing a piece of tank trak and a large gun barrel. They ended up selling to a collector and restorer named "Andy" who they showed come rolling out in an old Sherman. Anyone know him? I know he's gotta be on here. Just curious.

Hope everyones having a swell Sunday mornin! :driver:

Last edited:

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not all MV collectors like to advertise the fact that they have old valuable MV's they own on the web where everyone in the world can see....

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You may not believe me, but there are plenty of MV owners that are not SS members. If every SS member owned at least one MV (and I know for sure this is wrong, some are just enthusiasts), the SS membership would be about 10-15% of the total number of MV owners in the USA. That's a lot of people who aren't here for one reason or another. This is based on guesstimation, but I think I'm in the clear.

flyxpl

I think some of these people have so much money and to many toys , but little time to play on the internet like some of us do .

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know there is a guy about 18 miles from the house that is supposed to have a huge collection of MVs including armor. He does parades but other than that you don't hear a peep out of him. I know where he lives but I would not go back a long lane in the country uninvited.

B3.3T

I know there is a guy about 18 miles from the house that is supposed to have a huge collection of MVs including armor. He does parades but other than that you don't hear a peep out of him. I know where he lives but I would not go back a long lane in the country uninvited.
And sometimes the size of such collections are far more rumor than fact. A few pieces can quickly become a large gaggle in very little time. As do the vehicles themselves. My teeny Ferret became a Sherman after just one parade. One town over, a halftrack and scout car became an entire armada...a barn full of mayhem. Just sayin...

lilreddodge

Check out this site. I think you will find that this is the Andy you are looking for. Northeast Military Vehicle Services LLC

Also the guy in Fairborn that lives down a "long lane" used to have a museum, most of his pieces were on loan from the government and he has since given them back. I will not list his name here since he likes his privacy.

Last edited:

Kalashnikov

That's Andy /\ I've talked to him via email a few times. Nice guy. He's been in the paper a few times around here and on the news. His shop is a couple towns over from my house.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check out this site. I think you will find that this is the Andy you are looking for. Northeast Military Vehicle Services LLC

Also the guy in Fairborn that lives down a "long lane" used to have a museum, most of his pieces were on loan from the government and he has since given them back. I will not list his name here since he likes his privacy.

Amazing that you knew who I was talking about. It's good to know more of the story and I still wouldn't bug him.

:)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks