• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I lost some power please help

tmaxxgod4

I took my M923A2 on freeway about 20 miles and it did 70 MPH then when I got into town I noticed it leaked a lot of oil but oil pressure was not bad. so when I drove back on the same freeway the 20 miles it would only go 50 55 pushing it.. and i tried over other roads it will not go over 55 no mater what.

O and after my trip to town and back I added 1 gal oil that it was low.

so to try and fix leak I added lucus stop leak as well. (it still leaks)

so why did I lose so much power? did I mess something up..

ALSO another problem is after it sits for a few days it wont start I have to give it lots of gas and even after it starts I put my foot to the floor and it just barley ideles for about a min or so then I get the response from the gas peddle. and it blows out lots of white smoke (this is all after siting got 3 days or more)

oil pressure at idle is under 30psi and at full 2000 rpm (not moving) my oil pressure is 60psi. and thats at temp almost 200

Last edited:

dilligaf13

The trouble restarting after sitting for three days is because you're losing your prime. This is most likely caused by some sort of leak in the fuel system. Best bet is apply low amounts of air pressure to the fuel system (best accomplished by pressurizing fuel tank) and check for fuel leaking. The hoses, fittings, and priming pump are notorious for developing leaks. This leak could also cause your power loss or there could be junk in your fuel filter. Good luck...

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Man that's great mileage 70 mpg.
My 923 tops out @ 62 mph.
Same freeway on the out was it downhill and on the way back uphill or a slight grade

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Man that's great mileage 70 mpg.
My 923 tops out @ 62 mph.
Same freeway on the out was it downhill and on the way back uphill or a slight grade
M923 has a lot of difference between it and a M923A2. The 14.00's allow for that MPH.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Check your front differential. I replaced a transfer case thinking it was bad. Turned out it was the front end making the racket. It would throw oil all over the drivers side of the engine. Loss of power is usually fuel filters if you're lucky.

Artisan

On a flat road, alone, no one around so if I got a flat
or other mechanical malfunction I would be the only
fatality, I floored my M925A1 w/ GPS up and running.
Maybe one ton of payload, fuel was probably 1/2 tank;

68.2 MPH M925A1

So if we believe all (Moi inclusive) the mouse motors turn
the wheels faster than the Cummins Elephant motors and
I believe the mouse motors get a hair better gas milage.
BUT, I hear of many more mouse motor BIG failures then the 855's.

A guy can get real comfy going those speeds, the truck handles
it WELL. But the SECOND you get a steer axle flat you are nothing
more than a stain on the road and a memory to your loved ones.

Gloves on, if your a weakling DO NOT DO IT, hands at 9 OClock and 3 Oclock and pray...
otherwise, 55 and stay alive.

jedawson1

I second the air leak in the fuel line for cold start issue, had one that would lose prime in 15min. Try the primer plunger, pump until you feel fuel, if it starts right up you confirmed it.

Clean it up and look for oil dripping, hopefully driving high rpm's hasn't caused a bigger problem. If not then fuel filter is the first step.

tmaxxgod4

hate to ask a stupid question..but I looked at the TM area and cant tell what one I need for the M923A2. can someone tell me what one that may be?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
He wants to know what TMs he needs for his 923a2.

Just so you know, it will be more than one TM.

to start with. Someone will be along to give you the whole numbers.

74M35A2

May be 2 separate things simultaneously. You should change the fuel filters, check/change/clean the air filter, and also change the soft fuel lines on the vehicle. There are enough stories of leaking fuel lines that in my opinion it is not worth diagnosing, just change them because at this point it is not a matter of if they leak, but instead when they leak. I have yet to do mine, and mine starts the same way.

Your oil leak could be from the air compressor, PS pump, injection pump, timing cover, etc. Also the injection pump needs so much pressure to do its job we'll. I forgot the figure, but there is a pop off style pressure relief valve that maintains that pressure, at the injection pump outlet. Rare for them to fail, but anything is possible. Fuel lift pump needs to pressure test ok also.

In summary, change fuel and air filters, and if no improvement, begin to methodically diagnose the issue, starting in the fuel system. Make sure your turbo is free to spin also (should hear it).

My stock M925A2 consistently will run 66mph on GPS on flat level ground.

Gunzy

Any of you guys that are willing to run faster than 55mph are braver than I. Remember, those 14.00r20s are speed rated at 55mph. If you have an accident over that speed you better have a good lawyer and high end insurance coverage, because when the law finds that speed rating you are in deep doo doo.