• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I love my m101a2!

hwcurtice

So, yes, trying to do some modification to make it tow easier, but a weekend of garage cleaning, plus this hunk of concrete we dug out of the backyard, meant it was a trip to the dump, again. Decided it was time to weigh it, both ways. Full it weighed 2400 pounds!

Empty, with just a spare, no rails, no bows, no cover, it weighed in at 1,180. The full weight was the first time I had ever seen the tires flatten a bit.

Sure am glad they don't charge by weight!

MarcusOReallyus

2400 flattened the tires? Better check the pressure. I've had more than that in the bed. :mrgreen:

Yeah, they are little workhorses, aren't they? :beer:

hwcurtice

'flatten' as in actually have flat on the bottom compared to their usual perfect, (ya right) round shape. I think the pressure is fine, as when its empty, the trailer doesn't bounce around over every bump. Maybe I should have taken a picture of the tires, not the scale readout...

The chunk o concrete we pulled out, when we dropped it in the front loader at the transfer station, the loader actually bounced. And the trailer sighed relief that the weight was gone...

The reason we had to drop it in the front loader was because they wouldn't open the gate so we could roll it out that way, and they can't use the backhoe to move it out either. Some OSHA or work rules. So we rolled the trailer back up to the front loader and rolled the chunk out. Bounced as in I think it got the back tires off the ground, of the tractor.

MarcusOReallyus

I moved a multifuel in the can with mine,(no it wasn't happy) what did you move?

Mulch. 45 bags on a pallet, plus 15 more was my heaviest load. The bag says it's 60 pounds.

Of course, if they've gotten wet (and they had!), that number could go up. :whistle:

The springs were not flattened.

I have Michelin truck tires on my trailer. Their rated weight limit is way over the trailer's official capacity, so I don't worry much about them. 8)

The only dicey spot was crossing an old wooden bridge. I paid careful attention to the posted weight limit. Then I stopped the vehicle and did the math. I was right at the limit with cargo and passengers. I still had all my boys get out of the vehicle and walk over. I know there's a generous margin with posted weight limits, but...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks