• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I love this shot!!!!

emr

Boy thanks for posting that, that was in the day when a stunt was real for sure, imagine the arm strengh holding that baby together and pulling that off, bet he had sore arms after that shoot, That is a classic for sure... I always watch enough of that movie to see that when its on i love that shot too... :)

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
First Blood, it was the first Rambo movie. The fuel tank got knocked off the truck during the stunt, you can see it in the movie if you look real close.

todds112

I read the truck was not supposed to get airborn, it was just supposed to smash through the police cars. The "air" it got was a bonus. Had to ring that stunt driver bell pretty good.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would almost think that they would have had to line the truck up, then tie off the steering wheel leaving just a little play. I can't see anyone being able to hold that straight when it hit.:driver: Oh wait, it was Rambo after all.

saddamsnightmare

March 15th, 2010.

Were any GMC M135/211's hurt in that stunt? Yes...... Back then they were as cheap and as common as dirt, we used to get them from DRMO and set them up as construction trucks.... Boy, were they ever underpowered (and some of you guys think that an M35A2's underpowered)! They could barely get outta their own way hauling a load of barrels up the Ohio River bank from the barges to the Coke Plant in Follansbee,W.Va.. When we sold them in the late '70's, our pair brought $500 each and probably couldn't run another 50 miles without dropping the engine. Amazing what a little paint will do for flipping and resaleing!

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan:driver: