• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I made a cover for my Doghead relay mod.

fitz

I made a cover for the Doghead relay mod that I did to my 84 M1028 today.
I got a 2" round schedule 40 PVC cap at the hardware store for $1.49. I trimmed a piece of the cap off with a Dremel to make room for the wires.
I mounted the relay using 1/4" x 2" bolts. The cap fits nice and snug over the 2" long bolts. I know that others have covered the terminals with liquid electrical tape, this is just 1 more option.

Attachments

prairie

Not tying to be negative, but why?
I know of several CUCVs with the Doghead relay mod without a cover with no problems, and have never heard of needing a cover before.

fitz

Not tying to be negative, but why?
I know of several CUCVs with the Doghead relay mod without a cover with no problems, and have never heard of needing a cover before.
Why would I want to cover the studs that have voltage running to them? To prevent anything metal from touching them.
I spent a lot of time reading about the Doghead relay mod before I did it to my truck. I noticed that many people cover the studs with liquid electrical tape. I thought that this cover would offer a little more protection and keep the studs clean.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks