• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I might have to part out a deuce, but I have questions first.

Lonesome715

I know the one rear anf front will bring $1500. I think I can get $500 for the extra rear. The guys i know if Florida would be all over them.

jfnemt1ff1

When I parted out an M725 a few years back, I did most to help others that were looking for some parts. It turned into pain in the ___. By the time you pull it then find out how to ship it, get a price on shiping waiting for payment to me just not worth it. If you do this alot then you have contact info on shiping and have a plan. Like said before try selling the whole thing at a price that will work for you and see whats happens.
John
P.S unless you can go to some event and set up things thats the best way.

Lonesome715

I do sell al ot already so i have a good idea how to work shipping. But yes, it is a huge pain in the ass. I am so sick of selling stuff. I have to go through 20 idiots before I get the one person worth dealing with. I am not much of a people person to begin with. That is almost enough to stop me from doing it by itself.

hippiedude

Let me through this at you ........ I am looking for a truck to bob .... I only want a cab and chasi what do you need to get for that ........I`m sure you could sell the dropside with out to much problem ... What does the motor need to run ???? An airforce truck is the truck I would like to use ........ I don`t want to sound like a tire kicker but at the moment I`m kicken them ... Tim

Lonesome715

If I were to part it out, it would be nice to get the hard to sell stuff out of the way first. I have not given the truck a good going over yet. SO I am not sure what all the engine needs. It looks at though all it requires is a compressor and filters.

gunboy1656

With all these people making trailers out of deuce frames, I bet someone would buy the frame. Heck I might be interested in the frame, but that would be down the road.

Lonesome715

It would be nice to see the frame get used.

I am not leaning towards parting it out right now. I would prefer to sell it as a whole. Let me know what all you want in a PM and maybe we can just cut a deal on the whole truck.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can you tell me more about this dual brake set up? I am not familiar with that.
All the last contract Air Force Deuces had that. Look for a "Brake" warning light between the tach and speedo. The truck will have a dual master cylinder and 2 airpacks.

If all the truck is missing is an air compressor and some filters, gee wiz let me send you an air compressor, they are practically worthless.

Brian Thomas

I you have not really looked the truck over, how do you know it cant be repaired?

I noticed all the questions people are asking, you have a hard time answering cause you dont know what shape the truck is in?:roll:

You could just sell the entire truck and then let the guy buying it deal with transport. By the sounds of things and what I have read here, you could take a bit of a loss but be out from under a truck you personally cant handle. This seems a better aproach then trying to deal with the major undertaking of parting a truck. If you can part it out and have the tools to do so then you can fix it and you should or just sell it as mentioed before and move on and do the police school and get back in to this stuff when your life is in better order and you can invest the time.

Lonesome715

I did notice some stuff under my other one that my other deuces do not have.

At this point that is all I know is missing. I have not gone over the truck real good yet. I forgot to mention that the glass for the windshield is also missing. When I go ver it real good I might find more.

Lonesome715

I you have not really looked the truck over, how do you know it cant be repaired?

I noticed all the questions people are asking, you have a hard time answering cause you dont know what shape the truck is in?:roll:

You could just sell the entire truck and then let the guy buying it deal with transport. By the sounds of things and what I have read here, you could take a bit of a loss but be out from under a truck you personally cant handle. This seems a better aproach then trying to deal with the major undertaking of parting a truck. If you can part it out and have the tools to do so then you can fix it and you should or just sell it as mentioed before and move on and do the police school and get back in to this stuff when your life is in better order and you can invest the time.

I openly admitted to not knowing everyhting about the truck I alos stated I am only looking inot parting ir right now becuase some people I know suggested it. I have also stated I do not think it is a good idea to part it but I would like to knwo the ends and outs just in case.

I agree that selling the truck like it is so I can focus on the academy is a much better way to go. But I still like to knwo all the details of all my options before moving forward.

Lonesome715

I will take some photographs tomorrow when I am out there. as far as money, it is north of $2500. I will discuss price via PM or email.

kc5mzd

Which filters are missing?
It sounds like it would be easy to get running.

I thought you were suposed to get paid to go to police academy?

I bet if you started driving the good one you would be able to sell the broken one to someone that would want to fix it. People are always bugging me about how to get one. I drive mine - have several as my only "at home" vehicle. It seems like I go through periods where every where I stop there are several people that have never seen one and when they find out it is not military they go crazy asking how and where to buy one.

Just register and start driving the good one and see wha happens!

Lonesome715

I am putting myself through the academy so I have to pay for it. We have discussed making my other 87 legal becuase my dually is down for major repairs. But gettin it legal in GA is a pain and very costly.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks