• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I moved mep 005, 10ft and now it won’t make electricity

Philratcliffe

I have another 005 so tried swapping out every single box and switch and still not making electricity. I tried manually exciting the generator head and still not making electricity. Looking for ideas what to look for next. Should I disassemble the generator head and check the diodes ? Thanks in advance for any help

peapvp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you checked the resistance of the exciter coil ( disconnect from A11 for test )?
Acceptable resistance 2 to 4 Ohm

Guyfang

Staff member
But it starts, runs, and stops correctly?

When you start it, will the volts and hertz meters go up for a split second, before dropping down?

Where and how did you try to excite the main gen?

Philratcliffe

But it starts, runs, and stops correctly?

When you start it, will the volts and hertz meters go up for a split second, before dropping down?

Where and how did you try to excite the main gen?
it starts, runs, and stops perfectly.
The meters don’t move at all
We put 24v to the lowest two wires that go thru the rubber insulator to the generator head the two thinner wires.

Guyfang

Staff member
We put 24v to the lowest two wires that go thru the rubber insulator to the generator head the two thinner wires.

This tells us nothing. What wire numbers?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks