• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

i need a good trick to remove studs from hub of m35a2

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I have my hubs off to.flip them and i can't get the blasted studs out. Any pointers? Keep in mind i have no tool shop. Just a garage warrior. Lol
Have you un-bolted the hub from the brake drum? A good whack from a 5lb sledge worked on mine. Might want to put a lugnut(just a few turns) on to protect the threads.

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I used an air impact hammer with a punch bit. Short work but buggers up the L and R letters.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Lug nut on the stud to protect the thread. Liberal application of force from a 5lb sledge.

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've done it literally a hundred times, I use a front lug nut and thread it on the stud so it is flush with the end of the stud. That way you hit the top of the stud and the nut equally. Make sure you hit it straight, I've had some bend if they were in there tight.

Artisan

PB Blaster, now sold at HomeDepot is REALLY GOOD STUFF.

It is not mandatory but if you squirt just a taste perhaps a week

before and every time your close to it, letting it seep in and work

will turm you into a believer.

It does not take a LOT! Just enough to wet the threads. You can

see the stuff disappear into the area you want lubricated! It works

much better than WD to "penetrating" . I think HomeDepot sells it

for less than 5 buck for an 11oz spray can. PB Blaster used with WD

once she starts to move is good trick. I did it today as a matter of FACT!

CLICK HERE

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Just smack them out with a BFH and replace them with NEW, the old ones are just that OLD, might even be OE, who knows how much they are stretched, If your putting BIG, OVERSIZE tires on, NEW studs would be the safest thing anyway.

DatGuyC

I pushed mine out with a large bench vise and a socket on the back of the hub for room so the stud could get pushed out, not a single bent one. Beat them back in with the mini sledge.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks