• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I Need an M1031

kurt802

Hello Everyone,

This is my first post after lurking for a couple of weeks. Thank you in advance for any assistance.

I really like the M1031 concept and I am interested in bidding on one from GL. This truck is a tradesman's wet dream:smile: What is the selling price range at the auction?

Kurt802

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Depends. Some have generators and compressors, some don't. You can figure $2K (without) to $7K (with), AND.... even if the generator and compressor are there, you can't assume they work.
Good luck!!!!

MARCO1031

Oh man the 7200 mile unit looks nice! Looks like all of the important items are intact. Would be nice to see what is still in the boxes. Don't worry guys I already have mine and not enough money for a second...so I won't be any competition. :-D

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kurt802, note the different body styles in the avatars of B4thudr and Marco1031 trucks. There are 2 different contact maintenance bodies used on the Chevy trucks. B4s is the later body that was factory installed and has the PTO driven generator. Some (not many) of these trucks had a welder as well. Marco1031 truck has the body from the M887 Dodge and it came with a Wisconsin gas powered welder generator. If all you need is genset power, you might do better buying a truck without the stuff and tossing a Honda in the engine bay. A 6.2 powered genset may not be fuel efficient for smaller power requirements. The gas driven welder/ genset was rated at 4KW whereas the PTO driven genset was rated at 10KW.

MARCO1031

I am installing a 7kw Kolher gen in mine. I will be able to have the generator, a compressor, and my small mig welder in a fraction of the space originally needed by the Hobart welder/air compressor combo. And thanks to a suggestion from Ken I will be able to fuel the whole works from a propane bottle on the passenger side of the truck. Still looking for a suitable tank for that. The original design of these SECM units didn't really emphasize efficient use of space or practical placement of equipment. I can see the air compressor being easily damaged by unsecured cargo.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks