• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I need Info on batteries

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: I need Info on batteries

If things go badly, my wife might log onto this site for me and auction the rig off where-is, as-is.
I wish you luck on your trip! (If it all goes wrong,I'll also start the bidding!) rofl Seriously, good luck!

Pm sent to you also.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Re: RE: Re: RE: I need Info on batteries

KaiserM109 said:
Another thing that occured to me today to take to the site, since I am planning to drive it, is 5 gal of fuel to get it to the first station. In the 244th Engr. Bn. I once ran a 5 ton tractor out of fuel on a set of railroad tracks. The truck was mogas and the can had diesel fuel in it. I left the truck on the tracks and walked 2 mi. back to the motor pool.

A. Whit.
Good thing that wasn't a busy rail-line :D If you wouldn't have got it off the tracks in time you might have been a half-Whit. Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Good luck on your adventure and please post pics when you make it safely home.

steelandcanvas

Re: RE: Re: RE: I need Info on batteries

steelsoldiers said:
KaiserM109 said:
Another thing that occured to me today to take to the site, since I am planning to drive it, is 5 gal of fuel to get it to the first station. In the 244th Engr. Bn. I once ran a 5 ton tractor out of fuel on a set of railroad tracks. The truck was mogas and the can had diesel fuel in it. I left the truck on the tracks and walked 2 mi. back to the motor pool.

A. Whit.
Good thing that wasn't a busy rail-line :D If you wouldn't have got it off the tracks in time you might have been a half-Whit. Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Good luck on your adventure and please post pics when you make it safely home.
Oh Chris, Where do you get 'em?? Who writes your stuff?? :roll:

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: I need Info on batteries

Not to repeat a checklist found elsewhere on this site - but take a paper copy of the TM with you, and some DOT5 (not 5.1) brake fluid. The DRMO yard at Riley is not convenient to a parts store, or internet access. - I spent three days there trying to pick up a truck a few years ago.

Regards,
David Doyle

gene

Was told by a local shop that can get interstate batteries that the 6TL had been re-nominclatured (a word?) to 6UTL. Shop said these were mil-spec. Anyone know of this?

Gene

gene

interstate guy said U in 6UTL indicates manufacturer. sure nuff looked at the body of the battery and it was stamped 6TL USA and the sticker on the top of the battery was marked 6UTL

I got a set of 6TL's when i first got my truck and i hated them with a passion. Whenever it would get cold and the truck would have to sit outside it would never start. they would go dead in about 2 or 3 days if it wasn't ran while it was warm. they were way more trouble than they were worth. i finally broke down and bought a set of comm. truck batteries from interstate and now the thing flies over fast enough i think it would run 35 down the road if you let the clutch out. even in the deade of winter at 25* she starts up when the first piston hits top dead center. it really is amazing. just thought i would put my .02 into this. RANT OFF!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks