• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

i need pics of lift size w/ tire size to help me decide

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Been running 33" tires on GM 1/2, 3/4, and 1 ton 4x4s for 40 years without any lift or problems. I never used a wheel over 8.5" wide.
From 33/12.50-15's to 255/85-16's.

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I ran 11.00/20 NDT on a new 1985 K30 single rear wheel civi truck for 10 years. That truck had a 5" lift.

My current rig is a fully rebuilt/restored '84 M1028 lifted 5" running the same wheels & tires.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

The stock tires are 31's and look a little small to me. I'd skip the hassle of a lift if you're only going to 33's. I went up 5" to use 37's and I did it mainly to make the truck more driveable w/o getting into the gears. Sure makes it nice off road though!

Attachments

rattlecan6104

Ive personally ran 35's on stock suspension with just fender trimming. the pics I have posted are civy rigs I have had, the first is a 78 longbed with 3 inch body lift and 33's, the third picture was in the middle of a suspension lift with severe cutting of the fenders, up front was 9 inches of lift total, rear was 3. the forth is a 35 inch bogger in the rear at stock ride heigth, 5th is the same with 3 inch body lift. #6 is my K5 shortly after purchase nosed up to the longbed, the k5 sat on 35's with 4 inches lift, and the longbed, still 37's with 3inches body lift and 6 inches suspension lift and severe fender cutting. and the last 3 are the k5 with 9 inches of suspension lift and 37' tires. Granted all these pics are generally bigger than what you are doing, but I hope it helps you to scale what you are looking for.

Attachments

muddobber40

first pic. 4 inch front, 3 inch rear, 35x12.50x16 on 16x8 wheels with 4.5 backspacing . No rubbing anywhere. as stated several times above 33's fit with no lift. second pic 285/75/16 stock rim

Attachments

cucv1833

Heres a pic of mine. Its a 2.5" lift (superlift?) I got the lift used.

Im running 33x12.5x15 with 10.5" wheels.

It works very well but If I had to do it over again I would try the 33's with a 4" lift shackle flip rear. But the 2.5 is doing just fine.

Attachments

epitts

Ive personally ran 35's on stock suspension with just fender trimming. the pics I have posted are civy rigs I have had, the first is a 78 longbed with 3 inch body lift and 33's, the third picture was in the middle of a suspension lift with severe cutting of the fenders, up front was 9 inches of lift total, rear was 3. the forth is a 35 inch bogger in the rear at stock ride heigth, 5th is the same with 3 inch body lift. #6 is my K5 shortly after purchase nosed up to the longbed, the k5 sat on 35's with 4 inches lift, and the longbed, still 37's with 3inches body lift and 6 inches suspension lift and severe fender cutting. and the last 3 are the k5 with 9 inches of suspension lift and 37' tires. Granted all these pics are generally bigger than what you are doing, but I hope it helps you to scale what you are looking for.
What kind of wheels did you have on the Blazer?

Thanks

rattlecan6104

What kind of wheels did you have on the Blazer?

Thanks
if you were referring to these, they were a 37" toyo open country mud terrains on les schwab special steel wheels similar to the pro comp 97 series, the rims were 17 inch tall, 10 inches wide, unfortunately I cant remember the backspacing, an educated guess is 3.5-4.5.

The 35's that were originally on it, if I remember were a 15X10 older style american racing ultra62 without the "rivets" backspacing unknown. It was wrapped in 35" BF Goodrich all terrain radials. hope this helps.

Attachments

Whitfield

I just installed a 2.5in Pro Comp lift with the heavy duty front 4 leaf springs and RS9000 shocks with blocks on the back. The tires are General Grabber AT2's 33x12.5x15 on the stock rim.

Man that thing is sharp!!! What paint / What color?

I'm looking to go all green but there are so many different shades and so many different kinds of FLAT. I need to clean mine up and make it all one color ASAP. My brown is all rust the black is blue grey and the green is a green grey.

MarkRSims

I just installed a 2.5in Pro Comp lift with the heavy duty front 4 leaf springs and RS9000 shocks with blocks on the back. The tires are General Grabber AT2's 33x12.5x15 on the stock rim.
That thing ought to be in a parade or something! Should be perfect for running around on Halloween scaring kids!

air3aws

Thanks Whitfield I appriciate the good response!!! The paint came from Rapcoparts. Mine is the 34079 Camoflage Forest Green Post - Vietnam Tactical Vehicle Base color.

They have alot of the military colors including C.A.R.C. colors. And tons of other parts for MV's.

http://rapcoparts.com

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks