• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I need semi trailer mover about 10 miles

jrobinson5093

I friend out mine near gave me a semi trailer and my deuce is not ready yet to move it. I need it moved about ten miles. The reason a OTR semi cant do it is that I will need to bring it down my ditch. I dont think it will be any problem for a 5 ton tractor or bigger. Is their near me that could move it for me. If not I will just wait and finish my deuce tractor conversion. It will be slow but it will only be a few miles. Im in Jakin, Ga. zip 39861. This is the trailer.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not much ground clearance on the trailer. Could give a challenge. Sure someone could get it where it needs to go. Good luck.

God bless,
Tony

Triple C

Looks to me like you are going to have less than a foot of clearance even after your airbags are inflated. Those trailers are known for being low. Are you planning on the tractor dragging the trailer over the high spots or what?

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
Wish I could help, but a 380 mile round trip to move a trailer 10 miles is a little much. Hope you can get the help your looking for.

jrobinson5093

There is not really any high spots to go over. And Md that's what im running into with every one. But no worries I will Just finish my tractor conversion and bring it home or find some one near by with a fifth wheel dolly and use that.

jrobinson5093

I hooked my M818 to the trailer today and moved it around the yard some. The truck handles it way better than the deuce. I know the trailer is empty, but it was a load for the deuce. On the back of the 5 ton, it feels like nothing.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks