• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I need spots at Aberdeen

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I heawd it thru the gwapevyn that spots at Aberdeen are sold out. I missed out on purchasing a couple spots. Are we doing Steel Soldiers spots this year? Anyone have a couple extra spots they don't need?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I heard it has moved to a new location. Can anyone comfirm this? And what's this years dates?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hmm,their site info says,

Due to extensive commercial development in the stadium complex and surrounding area, there is no space for free camping.
I wonder if that means you cannot stay on your show space, also?

Crazyguypa

Hmm,their site info says,

I wonder if that means you cannot stay on your show space, also?

Nope this is ok, I asked. My brother and I are actually staying down this year in a camper on our sites (Driving back and forth early in the am and late at night was a big waste of time, although a hot shower is nice.)

There used to be an abundant amount of open grass, but it seems like last year they are trying to keep people from doing this. There is still some grass open, but it's first come first serve.

jmh4x4

if I just want to come down for a day or two with the truck, but have nothing to sell or peddle, can I just show up and park in the display/show area for the day? Last year it seemed like anyone could show up and park there as long as they had camo on their vehicle.

general parking is a pain in the rear when you have to carry all your purchases back there :)

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The show added a ton of covered spaces in the ball park itself. Should be interesting.. I sure wouldnt want to lug stuff in and out of the ball park....

Are people allowed to camp out in their vehicles in the parking lot? I understand a lot of SteelSoldiers gather in one spot for the weekend, where is this normally? This will be my first MV rally, I'm certainly looking forward to it, and will be driving the deuce up from Hampton, VA.

Nickathome

There is a small amount of grass along the back edge of the parking lot where guys camp. I imagine most of them are people who have nearby spaces taken up with parts etc though.

I always park in the front of the stadium and don't have real far to walk if I want to bring parts back to my truck.