• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I need to know about putting larger single radials on

texas30cal

There were more in those stacks banded together just had to pull them off the pallets to find them. I just got the easy ones. Did you get yours?

texas30cal

Great, I would have taken aluminum but by the time you add a half inch plate in there the studs that hold the wheel together would be too short. All the ones I marked and stacked also had more than 3/4" tread depth and I believe brand new had only 13/16".

ke5eua

Great, I would have taken aluminum but by the time you add a half inch plate in there the studs that hold the wheel together would be too short. All the ones I marked and stacked also had more than 3/4" tread depth and I believe brand new had only 13/16".
Yeah that why I did t mind taking the aluminum ones, the rim is roughly the same size thickness as the duals together so I'll just put rear studs on the front and flip the hubs and call it good.

Defiantly going to pressure wash the black coating off and leave the bare aluminum showing, little bling bling, lol

texas30cal

I saw some of the goodyears that they took rims out of and all of them had run flat inserts, I cannot speak for the Michelins. The steel and aluminum rims that I saw all have the same hole pattern, the steel is approx. 1/4"-3/8" thick at the hole circle and the aluminum is approx. 1" thick. It will take someone more knowledgeable than I to answer about what they will bolt on to.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those wheels (and axles) pictured are from the FMTV's. They have a 10-on-11.25" bolt pattern and will fit on any of the 5ton-series trucks.

G.

Last edited:

texas30cal

image.jpgI had a few folks pm about the lights, the headlights may not be what y'all want just let me know. There are some that are high/low beams (3wires), but they are all 12v. Then there are two types of lenses on the 24v all of which have only two wires, some have a clear lens (spot I am assuming), the rest have the lens that is textured on the inside (flood I believe). Then there are what I believe is a IR light source and a blackout driving light, probably for us with night vision? Also pics of 2 different types of tail lights, one with something strange under the little cover, a backup cam? I will make a list of those who pm'd me, if you still want the lights let me know now that I have a better description posted. I added the pic at the top but have no idea why it is way up there, that's what I believe to be the IR light source, just a guess though.

If it would be best that this be in a different thread please feel free to move and give it an appropriate title, or let me know what I need to do with it. I started this asking about those tires and it just evolved.

Attachments

Last edited:

texas30cal

They still have plenty, mostly on aluminum but there are still some on steel as well, the tread quality varies. It is at premier metal buyers in Brenham. Chad is the yard manager and is very helpful, they will unband and unstack to let you get what you want.

ke5eua

does anyone know if the BAE facility in Brenham still have any tires?
What type of vehicle are you wanting to put them on.

Reason I ask is because I got aluminum sets and they won't fit on the 818 due to the rim being thicker. I don't know about the 939 series but if the drums are the same the. It would be the same issue. Going on a deuce shouldn't be a problem if the drum is smaller than the 818/809 series.

I ended up getting 7 939 combat rims and swapping the tires over. Cutting the runflat out as I don't see the need in it, and because I hate fighting with them getting them lined up when putting the tire on.

I have a m925 that I am planning on putting them on. I called them this morning and they still have about 200 rims and tires. no where near what they started with, as what they told me, but I only want 8. i figure it cant hurt to have two spares.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
yeah, they said they still have some steel rims, but from what i am reading the MRAP rims wont fit an m939. so steel or aluminum dosent matter,guess next is to find some 5 ton combat rims.
. The steel rims they have are the same as FMTV rims. They fit on 5 tons.

What type of vehicle are you wanting to put them on.

Reason I ask is because I got aluminum sets and they won't fit on the 818 due to the rim being thicker. I don't know about the 939 series but if the drums are the same the. It would be the same issue. Going on a deuce shouldn't be a problem if the drum is smaller than the 818/809 series.

I ended up getting 7 939 combat rims and swapping the tires over. Cutting the runflat out as I don't see the need in it, and because I hate fighting with them getting them lined up when putting the tire on.
have any good leads on m939 combat rims?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks